Green Blog

Zoos?

Crash-Cheetah

Do you agree with zoos? I believe that they help wildlife by showing people how beautiful the animals are and why we should save them. Plus the breeding programs help to add to the populations in both zoos and wild.

yes i totally agree with them, it's sad that almost all my zoos has been closed due to lack of founds. :( i belive that kids in 50 years will see animals only on tv which is sad

yes i totally agree with them, it's sad that almost all my zoos has been closed due to lack of founds. :( i belive that kids in 50 years will see animals only on tv which is sad

I was at a zoo a year ago and they had a sign that had a kid asking what a lion was and the parent said that it was a large cat that used to be called a king.

It's sad to think of zoos closing. That means that more personal zoos might kick up and I think everyone knows how many of those are.

Zoos are a bummer in a way because the animals are in captivity but it is cool to see them. I sure probably won't see all of those animals in the wild in my lifetime but I do have the internet so I can see pictures and stuff. I generally feel bad for the animals when I'm at the zoo.

I think zoos are a sad business. Sure, some zoos are nice and all. But having wild animals locked in just for our own amusements just feels wrong. We shouldn't need zoos to understand how precious our wildlife is...

But think about the changes that zoos have done giving these animals a safe place that replicates their natural environment. Some zoos have set up rules where some animals don't even interact with keepers.

If zoos main motive is not to earn money for the owners, it was good. There are really some zoos that uses their funds to save endangered species and fund animal programs like awareness programs. Animals should not suffer being in a zoo and so they should be provided a shelter almost close to their natural habitat and have enough care and food.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe in Zoos and they are a real great learning experience! Most of the animals were saved from dying and placed in Zoos for recovery.

We have a non-profit Zoo here and it does a lot for the animals and community!

• 2 months later...

I agree with zoos as long as the animals are given enough habitat space in which to roam. The zoos in my state seem to, although one local zoo did close down. That was a bummer. We still have our local Wildlife Sanctuary here though.

• 1 month later...

I deeply and I mean deeply despise zoos. They are horrible self-serving places that should be swallowed up by the earth. I am not speaking of animal sanctuaries, where animals have been saved from cruelty but of actual zoos where animals are confined to unnatural circumstances. There is nothing I hate more than zoos.

Nothing.

Many are inhumane with some of the worst I have seen in Asia and Africa...seeing elephants sitting in concrete jungles and I mean...literally concrete, was sickening. What makes us humans think that animals want to live in boxes the way we do?

The day zoos are made illegal is the day humanity shows that it has some chance of growing past its self serving greed.

• 2 years later...

It really depends on whether they have been set up for the good of the animals. Sometimes animals are taken there because of injury or they have been shunned from their pack or family. Sometimes they need to be protected and are unable to look after themselves. It is always good to do a little research before we support a zoo.