Green Blog

Do you use bicycle?

man007

As an environmentalist, I am using my bicycle to go somewhere close to my house rather than using my car. Generally I prefer bicycle because it keeps me fιt and I don't pollute the environment.

What about you?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YounGMessiah

• Simon

• zararina

• man007

For short distance, I would prefer walking than riding. For long distance, I prefer public transportation than driving. I never thought of purchasing a bicycle since it is too hazardous for long distance but maybe would consider for short distance.

I use my bike just about everyday, to get to college, friend's houses, parks and anywhere my feet lead me to lol.

I enjoy riding a bike because you appreciate the scenic routes and the exercise :D.

For short distance, I always use my bike. Anything less than 10 miles I will bike.

I actually prefer bikes over cars, it lets me enjoy nature more and it's great exercise.

I'm currently working on my stamina so I can ride longer distances.

I have always loved biking. Even though I just learned how when I was already 21 years old.

I use bike to go to the market, and to the stores nearby. I had my exercise and I get there fast as well. It makes me feel alive when I use it, maybe because of the fresh air.

I don't know how to ride a bike so whenever I'm going somewhere that is less than 2 miles away, I just walk there. It might seem like a long distance, but It's not.

I wish I could walk/use a bike to get to places. However, I live in a small town and so any place I would go is over 15 miles away. Also, it makes me a bit weary, as I am a young girl and as much as I love the environment, I also love not being a kidnap victim :P

I also attend college in a city that has very poor public transportation. So while I do bring my car with me, I don't use it that often.

I do wish I lived somewhere with better public transportation, but if I ever move to a bigger city (i.e. NYC or Boston) then I will definitely take advantage of the public transportation.

My husband and both of my children have bikes. I have yet to find one that I am comfortable on and can use for both normal riding and off road riding. Once I find one that I really like, then I will be able to use it more often. I would like to use it to go to work as I live and work in the same town. I am hoping that will cut down on not only the fuel costs for putting gas in my car, but also for helping the environment.

There are devices which can be placed on your bike to trace it if it were stolen, using RF tech.. Also you can purchase add-ons for your bike to allow carriage lol

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't get away with it one hundred percent without putting some serious kinks in my lifestyle, but it does save me a ton of money on gas. I can't do all my shopping on it though, so I still have to have my car. It is a time saver. I only use my bike when I travel short distances.

• 1 month later...

I used to cycle the greater part of my life. Since I went abroad I hardly cycle, it's too dangerous here to cycle as there are no cycle lanes. Besides this it is too hilly and most of the year too hot. I gave up and sold my mountain bike.

• 1 month later...

I walk when my kids use the bikes. I used to bike then one day I fell of the bike, then fear come in so I do intentionally stay away from them. So my kids ride while I walk and market we go shopping for groceries.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't usually use my bicycle as I prefer to walk. Cycling is a good form of exercise, and that is what my dad does everyday. :) Cycling is good for the heart, not to mention its eco-friendly.

I most definitely do use a bicycle. Unfortunately, right now it is a very real challenge as I live in a city that is very cycle-unfriendly. Motorists are quite aggressive towards cyclists here...but thankfully, I will not be here long.

I have been cycling since I was 4 years old and once you learn the joy and efficiency of a bicycle, it is really difficult to go back.

I generally choose walking now, cycling when I can...and public transport to get where I need to. I will rent a car or jump a flight for longer trips.

I love bicycles!

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Yes I use bicycle, but given the location of where I live now I prefer walking instead. It's hard to ride a bike in the mountains you know. But I'm considering to also use bicycle here. Using a bike is not only good for our health health, it also contributes in the cleanliness of our environment. 

It's funny that I came across this post because I'm actually thinking about buying a bicycle. I had one before, but I sold it to a friend since I wasn't using it much. It would probably be nice to have one now though since gas is so high and stores are so close to me.