Green Blog

Hello Everyone!

michelle

Do you think we can turn global warming around?  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Not Sure

By the way. How is the talk over at Florida about all the storms and potential storms that will come in the future? Are people worried about the fact that storms may become stronger and appear more often due to global warming?

Huge problem for them if this continoues!!!

:thumbup: Not a problem! By the way, great site! I'm having lots of fun over here!

Great to hear it!!! we also have a lot of fun over here icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• michelle

• daim

• only_green_no_gray

• Simon

Top Posters In This Topic

confused1.gif The whole Florida thing is why I'm doing all of this It's is interesting that you'd ask. It's confusing because there's a lot to cover! It's confusing because of what is making it all happen and what, if anything, can be done about it. There's no doubt that climate change is happening, but I just can't understand why people stick their heads in the sand when the writing's been on the wall for some time now! Florida, like the many islands, will be the firsts to feel the impacts of climate change. That's why I have a link to my Florida Weather Group here too! If you all wish to join so as to keep track of what's going, send me an E-Mail and I will add you directly! Florida's way too important in this whole ordeal to overlook!

:confused: There's no doubt that climate change is happening, but I just can't understand why people stick their heads in the sand when the writing's been on the wall for some time now!

I believe that people don't want to see themselves as a part of a group(enviromental in our case) beacuse they want avoid responssibilities. they prefer to stick they head in the sand, rather accept some responssibilities!

Florida, like the many islands, will be the firsts to feel the impacts of climate change.

that's true and sad too.. greece will have huge problems of this too!!!

Yeah, a lot of places will be affected from global warming. Greece and the other southern countries in Europe may become unliveable by year 2050.

But, we shouldn't forget that cultures and countries already now are seeing the effects of global warming. A country (cant remember the name) that exists of several small islands in the South Pacific Ocean is already moving people away from the country (and to nearby countries such as New Zealand) due to rising water levels.

icon_sad.gif The concerns are for the year 2100, but we don't have that long! Last year, we didn't have much of a hurricane season, but Florida saw more tornados over the winter. We had tornados on Christmas Day, something that never happened before. We remained in a drought, even with what was supposed to be a beneficial El Nino! You should read the articles I wrote regarding this on the Climate of our Future Blog. It's quite a story, and will be one that I will be talking about for some time now.