Green Blog

Best Renewable energy system?

Sami Hadi

What is the best renewable energy system? I have recently thought about having solar panels fitted on my home, but unsure which is the best? I have asked many solar installers but not sure which one is best for me.

• 5 years later...
On 11/26/2020 at 6:29 AM, ericdesuza said:

Yeah Solar panels are good but you need to think more of if you live in cold areas cause there might be issue of sunlight.

Sure, there are less sunlight in colder regions. But solar panels work great in these places as well! Believe it or not, but the cold and snow in these regions actually help the solar panels in various ways, such as cleaning the panels when the snow melts, the increased reflection of light off white snow helps increase the output, and even the cold helps increase the efficiency of the actual panels, and so on. And yes, there might be long nights in the arctic regions during the winter, but solar power in the North is not only possible, but also profitable.

• 3 years later...

The best renewable energy systems include wind power, geothermal energy, hydroelectricity, nuclear power, and solar power.

• Wind power is considered the most efficient renewable energy source that is followed by geothermal, hydro, nuclear, and solar energy. Wind energy is highly efficient, with wind turbines being able to generate electricity in open areas, making up a significant portion of US electrical production potential by 2050. 
  • Geothermal energy is reliable and consistent, providing a predictable power source with lower greenhouse gas emissions compared to traditional fossil fuel power plants. 
  • Hydroelectricity, harnessed from falling or flowing water, is a mature technology with predictable energy generation and additional recreational benefits from dam reservoirs. 
  • Nuclear power, although controversial, is also efficient in terms of energy production.
  • Solar power, while widely accessible on a consumer scale, is another key renewable energy source contributing to the clean energy revolution.

On 3/15/2024 at 11:11 AM, digitalthinkerhelp said:

Nuclear power, although controversial, is also efficient in terms of energy production.

Good summary of various energy sources, except nuclear energy is not really "renewable" energy. And I doubt @Sami Hadi can install it at home. ;)