Green Blog

Picture: Things to regulate according to GOP

Simon

Things to regulate according to GOP: Woman’s uterus? Yes! Dirty and climate killing greenhouse gas emissions from power stations? No!

This picture holds a lot of truth considering the front-runners in the 2012 Republican primary and their depressing views on climate change and women’s rights.

Rick Santorum, for example, is a climate change denier and has said that environmentalism is “a religion that’s being pushed on the American Public”. That statement is kind of ironic in light of his extremely religious and medieval-age ideas and views on birth controls, abortion and other women’s rights issues.

• 2 months later...

Well I actually agree with this picture to a certain extent. When it comes to Abortion I'm against it, but I'd like to see something done about the environment. Not make a huge transition fast but slowly start making better choices when it comes to the environment.

Ugh. Women should be able to decide what to do with their bodies. The environment should come before basic civil rights! That's something far more important that the government actually can deal with and make a huge difference! It's despicable the things that the gov't spends time and money on when there are so many more important issues that they just ignore.