Green Blog

WATCH: Top Spanish Matador Gored (GRAPHIC)

Simon

Spanish bullfighting fans witnessed the ultimate ring horror on Wednesday when matador Israel Lancho was gored. According to press reports, Lancho had a 25 centimeter-deep stomach wound that surgeons operated on. He's now said to be in serious condition.

Watch the video and see the photos (warning, this is graphic): http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/28/i...l_n_208906.html

Payback time?

Spanish bullfighting fans witnessed the ultimate ring horror on Wednesday when matador Israel Lancho was gored. According to press reports, Lancho had a 25 centimeter-deep stomach wound that surgeons operated on. He's now said to be in serious condition.

Watch the video and see the photos (warning, this is graphic): http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/28/i...l_n_208906.html

Payback time?

Yeah!! Payback time indeed. Something similar also happened here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsdoRMOUhsU

• 3 years later...

I saw the video of the horn going through his neck a while back and I have absolutely no sympathy for the man. I hope that more accidents like this take place so that the sport will be banned entirely. It's a totally unneccesary tradition that is no better than Roman's going to the Colosseum to see other people getting killed.

I saw the video of the horn going through his neck a while back and I have absolutely no sympathy for the man. I hope that more accidents like this take place so that the sport will be banned entirely. It's a totally unneccesary tradition that is no better than Roman's going to the Colosseum to see other people getting killed.

That is a truly awful thing to say despite how one may or may not feel about a sport. And this sport for all it's brutality does at least have the point of proving meat for people who might not otherwise be able to afford it. Further unlike the Roman Colosseum exotic animals are not being transported in sololy to fight or die as entertainment. The bull is not drugged nor handicapped in anyway. If it performs well it may be spared or win another chance at life. If it fails then at least it has lived a life rather than being born, raised, and slaughter on an assembly line. Then again I actually enjoy the sport so I might be a bit biased.

• 1 year later...

Well, this is interesting, a view from both side of the fence. I have to admit after seeing this footage, the sport does seem rather barbaric and aging it does not make it more humane. I guess it is payback after being taunted and speared like that. Regardless of whether it is an assembly line or a bull ring, I am sure the bull does not enjoy either experience.