Green Blog

Who is Greener?

Michelle Goes Green

My thought of the day, who is actually GREENER, men or women? Why? I think women are not because I am one but because I seem to see more posts, blogs, tweets, etc. from women. Do you agree or men, why do you think you're more green?

He he.. it's difficult to say.. :)

We had an argument about this at another blog :) of course men said they were greener (cause women buy tons of makeup etc)& we women said we are greener - cause many women are the main household decision makers & are switching to greener household products like detergents etc.

I think it really depends on the person..

In our household, Dad is more energy-aware (he bought the CFLs & triple-glazed some windows, others are double-glazed etc., he installed the solar water heating panels), & Mum & me are better at recycling & making less waste & going zero waste.. :)

Both Mum & Dad work in the garden, we compost etc...

I've read it before that men love CFLs while some women hate 'em.. (it was said that because the harsh light is too harsh & beauty imperfections are seen :) personally I disagree with that - I don't care about imperfections - I'm perfect! lol - just kidding! :D, my eyes suffer from the CFLs! )

Wow, fun topic. Which sex is greener...

Well women usually have a more sensitive nature, and that may make them try more about the planet. But they also tend to buy all those magazines and cosmetics. Magazines mean that more energy is wasted, while cosmetics usually mean animal abuse..

However, men tend to be very fond of cars and speeding up, and they also make pointless purchases often. They seem to be less organised in trying to contribute, like recycling.

for me,women are not very concern about nature.......

but they are naturally love the nature..

but men, they are very concern about the nature but somehow they forgot to take care of it...

(this is just my opinion)

he he wealthy women are okay then? & poor men? :)

interesting! :)

Well, rich people are in general more un-friendly to the environment. Sure, they might afford to drive in a Prius or one of those Tesla cars. But that does not help when they live in a big mansion, go to vacations abroad etc etc.

Wow, fun topic. Which sex is greener...

Well women usually have a more sensitive nature, and that may make them try more about the planet. But they also tend to buy all those magazines and cosmetics. Magazines mean that more energy is wasted, while cosmetics usually mean animal abuse..

However, men tend to be very fond of cars and speeding up, and they also make pointless purchases often. They seem to be less organised in trying to contribute, like recycling.

Well a bunch of magazine and cosmetics can't really be compared to a CO2 polluting and gas-guzzling monster car, now can it?

Dont be so sure Si...lol.

A woman may be greener when it comes to CO2 emissions, but she is definitely worse when it comes to animal treatment. Buying so many cosmetics make most brands abuse animals in the worst of ways, to ensure that their products are successful. Cosmetic demand on the market makes expectations rise, and to meet those expectations, brands try endless new methods and materials.. Just imagine how many animals have been abused to have the 'Top eye-wrinkle vanisher of the year'...

Dont be so sure Si...lol.

A woman may be greener when it comes to CO2 emissions, but she is definitely worse when it comes to animal treatment. Buying so many cosmetics make most brands abuse animals in the worst of ways, to ensure that their products are successful. Cosmetic demand on the market makes expectations rise, and to meet those expectations, brands try endless new methods and materials.. Just imagine how many animals have been abused to have the 'Top eye-wrinkle vanisher of the year'...

That is a good point. But don't forget the meat industry. Men tend to enjoy eating meat a bit more than women if I am not mistaken.

Just joined today after visiting this site for about 6 mos. Not one to jump in, but this topic was irresistible. My opinion is men seem to do "green" initiative things around their homes (CFL'S, insulate, caulk, programmable thermos), but women seem to be overall more green, both in and outside of the home. I think it evens out.

Anyway, I'm usually not one to give free advertising, but I bought this CD guide to energy audits I found on ebay. It was $20 and I thought what the heck. The person who wrote it is an energy auditor who uses FLIR cameras to show the infrared images throughout the CD. I have to say, aside from the wow factor of what could be found in your home, he shows how to fix the problems w/ pics and illustrations. There is so much useful info in this one CD that I felt like I stole it. I highly recommend it for a small $ of $20.

I'm off this week so I'm going to start using some of the things I learned in this CD, I'll fol up in the future w/ my results.

If you want to check the ebay listing out, I found it under keyword energy audit and flir, b/c I was looking at infrared canera prices and came across it. These cameras are ridiculously expensive.

-Ray