Green Blog

Cut back on the meat and help save the climate

Green Blog

I've been reading more and more about how eating meat negatively affects the environment. This is something I'm sure not many people are aware of but getting more people to "not eat meat" is not an easy task. Spreading the word though could give a boost to the topic and awareness.

I've been reading more and more about how eating meat negatively affects the environment. This is something I'm sure not many people are aware of but getting more people to "not eat meat" is not an easy task. Spreading the word though could give a boost to the topic and awareness.

In reality, you should be more concerned how eating too much meat affects your health. Most of the figures that are quoted in that article are "created" and would be impossible to back up from a scientific standpoint. They are "estimates", but, even if they are half correct they show a serious issue with meat production, that said, people are a lot more concerned about their health than they are about the environment.

You will get a lot further discussing the "meat" issue from a health standpoint than you will from an environmental standpoint. Reason! Too many chicken littles crying that the world is coming to an end from environmental issues, and your message will be lost in the din.... <_<

• 2 weeks later...

the article is still quite strong though with the numbers that were presented. I think if regular people came across this article, they would probably second guess themselves for awhile before actually eating meat. But it is very hard to convince people to stop eating meat, i cant even stop myself! the most is refraining myself to eat less portions.

the article is still quite strong though with the numbers that were presented. I think if regular people came across this article, they would probably second guess themselves for awhile before actually eating meat. But it is very hard to convince people to stop eating meat, i cant even stop myself! the most is refraining myself to eat less portions.

But, eating less meat is a major start and over time the craving will get less so that is a good thing... :D

Just like Mountainhiker said, eating less meat is major step in the right direction. :thumbup:

I am trying to eat as little meat as possible too. And when I do eat meat it is mostly just "low co2 meat" such as chicken, pig and lamb. I've tried to go completely without meat but I just can't stand the vegetarian replacements for meat. They taste awful! :yuck:

Just like Mountainhiker said, eating less meat is major step in the right direction. :thumbup:

I am trying to eat as little meat as possible too. And when I do eat meat it is mostly just "low co2 meat" such as chicken, pig and lamb. I've tried to go completely without meat but I just can't stand the vegetarian replacements for meat. They taste awful! :yuck:

And I tend to stay with the chicken, turkey and lamb since these have far less impact and be better for you.

• 3 weeks later...