Green Blog

Green and Eco Friendly Directories

EnviroGadget

This is a nice initiative! :)

And yes I agree with you. Directories today that purely focus on the web is pretty much pointless in terms of SEO and revenue for the owner. Instead local directories that covers companies, restaurants etc in a certain area is a much better idea.

This is a nice initiative! :)

And yes I agree with you. Directories today that purely focus on the web is pretty much pointless in terms of SEO and revenue for the owner. Instead local directories that covers companies, restaurants etc in a certain area is a much better idea.

Cheers. Once the list is compiled, I'll find somewhere to put it that others can find it more easily. perhaps on one of our blogs.

• 4 weeks later...

So directories are no longer SEO friendly or were they never an SEO advantage? I've just read everywhere how it's good for rank for your website.

So directories are no longer SEO friendly or were they never an SEO advantage? I've just read everywhere how it's good for rank for your website.

Directories used to be useful when it came to SEO, but only up until 2 years ago. Now most search engines just filter out links from directories as they are too heavily spammed.

Directories that target a niche (like the environment) or a location (a state, town, country) etc tend to offer traffic advantages. The links don't add any real value.

By the time a SEO technique is blogged about everywhere, then it's long-since out of date (usually due to over-use).

Dan