Green Blog

Healthy Activities

zararina

There are activities that are not not only healthy for the body but also healthy for the environment.

What are your healthy activities?

Some of my healthy activities are walking/biking when I was going to near places. I am not smoking and I sometimes shower in the rain. ;)

• 1 month later...

Activities that I do on a regular basis are S&G Swim and Gym,.......Surf,are my top 3 surfing being the most addictive passion.

Healthy for the environment mmmm thats a long one will try and keep it short, I use biodegradable washing products that are natural 100%. like Soapnuts,shampoo and soap and household cleaning are all good for the earths environment no CHEMICALS............ :rolleyes:

Healthy activities, a non smoker frikn hate that dirty habit, Dont respect your body if you smoke.

Mainly eat and drink natural and unprocessed food theses days its a BIG challenge,so hard to stick too.

:wub: Think of Ecolurve and make a change even if its a slow one to start with.

• 2 months later...

One healthy activity that I am really thankful to have incorporated into my life is - cleaning the house with natural products. Instead of using normal detergents that are dangerous chemicals, we use bicarbonate of soda and lemon. It works amazingly well.

As a natural air freshener, we use pure water with a few drops of eucalyptus - it purifies the air as it is antibacterial and it is earth-friendly with a lovely clean aroma.

To repel pests we place cotton balls with peppermint on them - ants, mice and cockroaches dislike the smell. We use no chemicals in any of our cleaning and that is an activity that I am so glad we have finally and successfully incorporated.

• Like 2

One healthy activity that I am really thankful to have incorporated into my life is - cleaning the house with natural products. Instead of using normal detergents that are dangerous chemicals, we use bicarbonate of soda and lemon. It works amazingly well.

As a natural air freshener, we use pure water with a few drops of eucalyptus - it purifies the air as it is antibacterial and it is earth-friendly with a lovely clean aroma.

To repel pests we place cotton balls with peppermint on them - ants, mice and cockroaches dislike the smell. We use no chemicals in any of our cleaning and that is an activity that I am so glad we have finally and successfully incorporated.

Very cool, I have learnt of new things that is eco-friendly and light on the budget. Would like to try some of these...

Anyhow, I patronize the use of recyclable materials, so as a way to bond we craft new stuff from old materials available at home. Making sure to build an eco-friendly habit or routine such as conserving water and proper waste segregation. As well as using compact fluorescent bulbs all throughout the house. :)

Yes so nice. :)

Thanks for sharing your natural ways to get read of house insects since I usually use the commercialized products that can be somewhat harmful for the environment. And also nice to know about that natural freshener.

• 5 months later...

Most of the time, it's swimming or running. Now that winter is approaching, I'll probably stick to running. My fiancé enjoys running and he plays a lot of golf with his buddies. Other than that, we would take a walk around the farm, as it is about 15 acres or so. Plenty of wide open space to walk, run, jump, and tumble.

We do not smoke and we hardly drink, too. My fiancé will have the occasional beer or whisky but that's about it. I hate going to places where lots of people smoke - it's such a disgusting habit and I can't stand the smell. I don't how smokers can live with it.

As for our house and our car, we use natural products, as well. I'm lucky that my family as well as my fiancé's family are into using natural products and eating healthy food. It would be difficult if we were not on the same page.

I've been interested in natural cleaning for a while now, I haven't taken the plunge yet. Do you use natural products for personal hygiene as well? What do you use to wash your clothes?

It's good to meet open-minded people on here, when I tell people I know they think I am crazy or obsessive, haha.

• 2 months later...

Nice, showering in the rain does sound so much fun. For me, I don't smoke because I want to live a long and healthy life. I also recycle old plastic bottles. I've seen where the garbage men dump our garbage and boy, it isn't pretty. Plastics, steel, and other crap all at a single location. They didn't even bother to segregate the trash.

• 1 year later...

I like to take walks and swim in the sea. I also like to do a little bit of Zumba exercise to keep all my muscles and joints working well. There are far too many unhealthy activities and it is easy to slip into them. One has to be very careful.

I like to carry a small garbage bag with me when I hike.  Not only do I get to get some exercise and enjoy nature, but I clean up the trails along the way.  I am shocked at the amount of people who will just toss their wrappers and bottles along the trails...no respect for nature and it makes me angry!

• 2 weeks later...

If I showered in the rain, my neighbors would think I was NUTS!  I can't do that where I live.  It sounds fun though.  Please don't take a shower outside when it is lightening and thundering outside though.  That is dangerous.