Green Blog

Obama says "help is on the way"

Simon

Obama has announced that he will create a new insitution to battle the economic crisis, while saying that "help is on the way".

And the new bailout in the USA alone will cost more than the Marshall Plan, NASA, Vietnam War...

So. Where is the new institution that will tackle the climate crisis? And where is the green bailout that will help us and the planet from total destruction?

Why are we in the face of total planetary destruction still seeing this complete inaction and complete lack of understanding of the worst crisis ever created by man?

I dont understand. :o

I dont understand. :o

I do :-) As I said in another thread: "In a capitalist society, government's primary remit is to enable people to make a buck. Other matters, such as the environment, come in second. And not a particularly close second at that!"

I do :-) As I said in another thread: "In a capitalist society, government's primary remit is to enable people to make a buck. Other matters, such as the environment, come in second. And not a particularly close second at that!"

Capitalists societies are the only ones where the environment does come in second, most, it not even on the list..... <_<

Yeah. Capitalism has a big burden to bear.. But I am mostly blaming all this on George Bush and the American people who voted for him not once, but TWO TIMES!!??!! :sceptical: :yuck: :blink::( :crazy: :mellow::huh: <_<

Capitalism has a big burden to bear.

... and I have a big bear to burden. Concidentally, as I was reading this post my wife pointed out that there is a bear in our garden. He's just sitting there munching on something. I was just about to head out to the store, but I think I'll wait for a bit :-)

... and I have a big bear to burden. Concidentally, I was reading this post my wife pointed out that there is a bear in our garden. He's just sitting there munching on something. I was just about to head out to the store, but I think I'll wait for a bit :-)

:lol: love stuff like this :lol:

Maybe I shouldn't post in the forum while doing lots of other stuff at the same time? I mean. Im not a woman. :rolleyes:

But I am mostly blaming all this on George Bush and the American people who voted for him not once, but TWO TIMES!!??!!

What can you say? Whether it's choosing a president or choosing trousers, many Americans display exceptionally poor judgement. I mean, Americans are probably the only people on the planet to think that Rupert Bear's pants are "mighty stylish."

What can you say? Whether it's choosing a president or choosing trousers, many Americans display exceptionally poor judgement. I mean, Americans are probably the only people on the planet to think that Rupert Bear's pants are "mighty stylish."

Well... They do match the scarf. :lol:

Well... They do match the scarf. :lol:

I might suggest that people in your country watch something with a little more mental pull to it than "Rupert the Bear". Most Americans never watch that after they get out of diapers....

I might suggest that people in your country watch something with a little more mental pull to it than "Rupert the Bear". Most Americans never watch that after they get out of diapers....

Interesting. You denied watching Rupert, but didn't deny liking his pants ;-)

Interesting. You denied watching Rupert, but didn't deny liking his pants ;-)

Since I haven't watched it, have not seen his pants ;-) I take it you have a fascination with Bear pants! Have you sought professional help? <_<

Sorry. I simply assumed that, as many Americans seem to be somewhat ... erm, challenged, they would be avid viewers Rupert Bear. I mean, what's worse? Rupert or Springer?