Green Blog

A Green Christmas

Bobby

LED Christmas lights are definitely worth the extra cost - they save energy and pay for themselves after 1-2 years.

True, but better is not to buy any at all. We dont need more pointless light pollution! :cute:

And besides it's a waste of time and energy

Not true, not a waste of time and energy! When times are difficult, people always need positive things to help them out and Christmas is always one of those times (as well as many other holidays around the world). The time spent on decorations and enjoying the season helps get people focused on positive things rather than focused on "what bad news we hear". Most of the news we hear today is "fake news", ie someones opinion instead of real news (what is really going on). B)

Not true, not a waste of time and energy! When times are difficult, people always need positive things to help them out and Christmas is always one of those times (as well as many other holidays around the world). The time spent on decorations and enjoying the season helps get people focused on positive things rather than focused on "what bad news we hear". Most of the news we hear today is "fake news", ie someones opinion instead of real news (what is really going on). B)

Ah yes. Enjoying the seasons by fueling the destruction of it by decorating your house into an energy-wasting-airport-runway kind of way. :cute:

Yeah, my x-mas gets a lot better when my parents send me put the x-mas lights on the top of the 4m tall tree i have on the garden :rolleyes:

Yeah, my x-mas gets a lot better when my parents send me put the x-mas lights on the top of the 4m tall tree i have on the garden :rolleyes:

And when you take the lights off afterwards the tree is still green and growing, the best kind of Christmas Tree!!! :D

And when you take the lights off afterwards the tree is still green and growing, the best kind of Christmas Tree!!! :D

Not really. To much energy is spent while the light are on. Besides x-mas lights also remember people that x-mas is near and that makes people buy, buy, buy, buy,buy,buy,buy,buy,buy and buy

Ah ha, the Scrooge comes out of the closet! :celb:

Hey, it ain't me who's advocating that displaying Christmas lights be made into a criminal offence that's punishable by death! Actually, I'll be heading into the forest this weekend to chop down a tree which shall then be slathered in lights!

Hey, it ain't me who's advocating that displaying Christmas lights be made into a criminal offence that's punishable by death! Actually, I'll be heading into the forest this weekend to chop down a tree which shall then be slathered in lights!

Well, if you have to slather, at least use lights that use the minimum amount of electricity and put them on a timer so you don't leave them on all night.... <_<

I agree,the timer thing is of the highest importance. You wouldnt believe it if you saw how many houses have the lights still on in the morning,even till later in the day. Most people are in a hurry to go to work in the mornings and dont turn the lights off. I think timers arent very popular here,taking the ammount of lights still on. <_<