Green Blog

Be weary of so-called "Green" products

2LiveGreat

Go green is becoming a high priority for many people & their homes. So I decided to do some research of my own. With pen & paper in hand I recently visited a local super store & checked the label on some of these so called "green" products. I wrote down ingredients I wasn't sure about & went home & looked them up on preventcancer.com. Many of these ingredients were still considered carsinogens. This new wave of green products that are supposed to be safer for our homes & environment simply contain a lower dose of the carsinogens we are trying to eliminate. Thats not good enough for me. No matter what the percentage is of a potential hazard, it is still there. Think about it, these products sit in a wherehouse until they are shipped to stores. Once these items reach the store they sit waiting to be stocked then purchased. So there has to be some type of preservetive so they maintain there vescosity until used in our homes. The # 1 preservative is formaldehyde. This causes cancer & a whole string of other health issues. Many people say it causes most of our childhood illnesses (autism, asthma, skin rashes, etc.). So I suggest you all do as I did & research for the sake of your families. Lets all find a safer way to "GoGreen".

Please check out www.gogreenwebcast.com/LiveGreat or www.betterhealthinfo.net/LiveGreat

Yup, this is what it's really like. It's quite easy to fall for something like that, but at the same time quite easily to see what is real and what is not. The worst of the lot, are the products that promote their green standard to great effect. You will find that the rare ones, are the ones that contain lesser or no fake ingredients and are usually hidden as they don't want to make big money, like the large companies.

Thats why you need strong government guidelines and rules.

This new wave of green products that are supposed to be safer for our homes & environment simply contain a lower dose of the carsinogens we are trying to eliminate

Which is why government guidelines and rules can only go so far. Each of us needs to be doing research and reading the labels..... If we stop buying food that is not safe, and only buying food that is safe, the content will change.

Which is why government guidelines and rules can only go so far. Each of us needs to be doing research and reading the labels..... If we stop buying food that is not safe, and only buying food that is safe, the content will change.

Not everyone is capable of reading and understanding the contents in food and other products. That's why you need government control that decides the standards.

It will take ages before anything (if anything) will happen due to consumer control.

• 2 weeks later...

It has never been more imporant for people to go "Green." We are being subjected to more and more of these toxins at a much higher rate than ever before, and we need to re-evaluate the products that we use, keeping our health in consideration. Its very easy to avoid toxins like formaldehyde by purchasing fresh products, from local producers, instead of items that have a shelf life of a few years. Simple things like that provide you with fresh (chemical free) food, and will also save the jobs of the American Farmers.

• 2 weeks later...

You know what "green" product I'm sick of hearing about? Those GE lightbulbs that save so much energy (the funny looking, squiggly ones).

OK, so they save energy, but what about the mercury that seeps into the landfills when they're broken.

If you break one in your home...guess what? Mercury.

I also heard that we're supposed to take them to the dump (intact) so the seeping mercury doesn't harm the health of the garbage truck drivers and the landfill employees. How many people really are carefully saving these bulbs and driving them to the local dump? I'm betting not a lot.

Woo, hoo! Great for the environment, huh? I'm sticking with the good, old fashioned lightbulbs. If I want to save energy, I'll turn the lights off whenever I can.

Go green is becoming a high priority for many people & their homes. So I decided to do some research of my own. With pen & paper in hand I recently visited a local super store & checked the label on some of these so called "green" products. I wrote down ingredients I wasn't sure about & went home & looked them up on preventcancer.com. Many of these ingredients were still considered carsinogens. This new wave of green products that are supposed to be safer for our homes & environment simply contain a lower dose of the carsinogens we are trying to eliminate. Thats not good enough for me. No matter what the percentage is of a potential hazard, it is still there. Think about it, these products sit in a wherehouse until they are shipped to stores. Once these items reach the store they sit waiting to be stocked then purchased. So there has to be some type of preservetive so they maintain there vescosity until used in our homes. The # 1 preservative is formaldehyde. This causes cancer & a whole string of other health issues. Many people say it causes most of our childhood illnesses (autism, asthma, skin rashes, etc.). So I suggest you all do as I did & research for the sake of your families. Lets all find a safer way to "GoGreen".

Please check out www.gogreenwebcast.com/LiveGreat or www.betterhealthinfo.net/LiveGreat

... Go Green is the buzz word.. even corporates are singing the Green tune.. Came across a job portal; launched on 5th of June. As 5th of June was The World environment day, they have pledged to plant a tree for every job posting or resume that gets registered on their website during the month of June.

A tree that would symbolize society's growth and well-being.

A sincere effort towards saving the environment.

visit: http:\\www.talentnow.com

... Go Green is the buzz word.. even corporates are singing the Green tune.. Came across a job portal; launched on 5th of June. As 5th of June was The World environment day, they have pledged to plant a tree for every job posting or resume that gets registered on their website during the month of June.

A tree that would symbolize society's growth and well-being.

A sincere effort towards saving the environment.

visit: http:\\www.talentnow.com

That is interesting. Does it cost you anything?

• 2 months later...

For a really neat "green" gift, check out this website I discovered today at www.bottledupdesigns.com

The artist lives in the Pennsylvania Amish Country and reclaimed antique glass and bottles from old glass dumps and has created the most unique jewelry from this old glass. You have to check it out! Truly "green" and such a unique idea. I just love them, and was so excited, just wanted to share.

For a really neat "green" gift, check out this website I discovered today at www.bottledupdesigns.com

The artist lives in the Pennsylvania Amish Country and reclaimed antique glass and bottles from old glass dumps and has created the most unique jewelry from this old glass. You have to check it out! Truly "green" and such a unique idea. I just love them, and was so excited, just wanted to share.

Not only green but different as well.

Haven't heard of those products either.

Here there is one Greek cosmetic brand with departments abroad which claims that its products are ''bio-eco'', which means with eco-friendly ingredients only and no animal products. Also,when using ingredients from plants,those plants are grown in special fields with no chemicals etc. The brand's name is 'Mastic and Spa', cause they widely use greek mastic, top quality -yeah we are famous for that :P

I'd be really sad if they are proved to be less green than they claim..

I think Method started on the west coast of the US and is in the UK and Australia that I know of, expanding slowly.

If it is in the UK, Sweden cannot be to far behind.

I dont know... We are always behind! ;)

Method products can be found here. I've used them and they work great but I wondered if anyone here knew just how green they really are.

They seem pretty decent. I bet they are as green as they say. But that doesn't mean there aren't other local products under different brands that are just like these.

I browsed their products a bit quickly, it seems they don't offer any re-fill products? Hmm.. thats not good! :sceptical: