Green Blog

FREE download to help print greener

sixcoin

Here is a FREE download from HP to help you print a little greener. It is an add in for explorer that lets you clip and then print only the things you want from a web page. It's easy to use and saves you from wasting ink and paper from printing all the extra stuff on websites like ad banners. It also solves the problem of that extra page printing out that always seems to have only one line on it.

www.hp.com/go/smartwebprinting1

Here is a FREE download from HP to help you print a little greener. It is an add in for explorer that lets you clip and then print only the things you want from a web page. It's easy to use and saves you from wasting ink and paper from printing all the extra stuff on websites like ad banners. It also solves the problem of that extra page printing out that always seems to have only one line on it.

Or just simply select what you want to copy and paste it on word page and them print it

Also works with firefox

It does.. Ohh ok.. I thought you said:

...It is an add in for explorer...

When someone says Explorer I always think of MS Internet Explorer. :)

Or just simply select what you want to copy and paste it on word page and them print it

This software was installed when I got my HP c5280 from Best Buy a few months back. I use it all the time and it is WAY easier than copying and pasting in word. It pretty much does the pasting for you instantly when you "clip" off the web and then you can make your final document a pdf. I recommend it to people all the time.

As a company who tried to promote desktop Unix in the past, you would expect a NIX version.

I do tend to collect browsers (think I have about 20, excluding versions - all nix/mac). However, if it does not work in Opera it does not work - the net should be open to all technologies, and not just cherry pick the popular ones. I will not leave my fave browser because developers can not be botherd, my non-patronage is their loss.

Personally I do not own a printer, If I want to record something I have a pen, but should I have to print I would go with only_greens idea, but with Open Office, save as a word doc, and e-mail work.

It pretty much does the pasting for you instantly when you "clip" off the web and then you can make your final document a pdf.

Nice, pdf's are handy!

I do tend to collect browsers (think I have about 20, excluding versions - all nix/mac). However, if it does not work in Opera it does not work - the net should be open to all technologies, and not just cherry pick the popular ones. I will not leave my fave browser because developers can not be botherd, my non-patronage is their loss.

Ohhh I love Opera. :) It's a great browser. Unfortunately I stopped using it a few versions ago when it wasn't supported by Gmail.. But oh.. I do miss those mouse-gestures...

Nice, pdf's are handy!

Ohhh I love Opera. :) It's a great browser. Unfortunately I stopped using it a few versions ago when it wasn't supported by Gmail.. But oh.. I do miss those mouse-gestures...

Never got into FireFox, used Opera for many years, and as its developed over time its always just managed to feel that bit better. Of the Mozilla browsers I like Epiphany best, and use it every now and again. I think it is good to have an alternative to FireFox, just incase something happened to Mozilla and Microsoft were left without competition. I do not know about Gmail, I have never had an account.

Never got into FireFox, used Opera for many years, and as its developed over time its always just managed to feel that bit better. Of the Mozilla browsers I like Epiphany best, and use it every now and again. I think it is good to have an alternative to FireFox, just incase something happened to Mozilla and Microsoft were left without competition. I do not know about Gmail, I have never had an account.

Now Im 'stuck' with Firefox. Im to lazy to move over all my bookmarks and settings to Opera. I do have the latest version of Opera, for testing purposes. But in my daily life I use Firefox.

Gmail is a great! You should really give it a go. :)

Interesting FireFox article from the BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technology/2008..._make_buck.html

Hmm..

The engineers who collaborate to build Firefox call it the "awesome bar" and it certainly grabbed my attention. The address window at the top of the browser now functions as a search engine for your previous web activity. So, for instance, I type in 'Yahoo shares' and it takes me to all those recent pages I've visited showing Yahoo's current share price and discussing the company's future.

Obviously other web browsers can show you names of sites you've visited - but not their content. So here we have another advance in search, which, as Google has shown, is the real route to making money online.

I might be wrong but doesnt the latest version of Opera support this already?

I might be wrong but doesnt the latest version of Opera support this already?

Opera tends to lead, and others bring to a mass market. With 9.5 (currently a beta), you can also syncronise your settings and bookmarks to all your machines/phone. Have yet to try this because I only have 9.5 alpha on the Mac.

Intrestingly, the article misses FireFoxs main source of income, payment from Google for searching (add placements). A way of earning money first developed between Google and Opera.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

About that printing greener, when I started our business I was very much concerned about using too much paper and ink. Now I am in need of much documented transactions. I will use the the clip and print add in to reap the benefits of both worlds.

About that printing greener, when I started our business I was very much concerned about using too much paper and ink. Now I am in need of much documented transactions. I will use the the clip and print add in to reap the benefits of both worlds.

Does your printer support something called dublex printing/pages? If it des you should activate that and your printer will print on both sides.