Green Blog

New recipes?

SkltnKey

Heya guys! I'm always on the look out for great new recipes. I love to cook but the only hang up we have is I'm a vegetarian and my guy isn't. I'm really good about adjusting a recipe to either change it to a vegetarian one or the other way around. We are saving up for a move...gotta get out of the desert and get some green therapy lol. So we are trying to pinch pennies as much as we can so any ways to cut food costs would be great too. So what are your favorite recipes? I can't wait to try some new ones out and thanks in advance!

There is a non expensive vegetable dish that i know. So easy to cook dish.

Ingredients are: mongo sprouts, tofu (square slices), 3 gloves of onion, half glove of garlic and cooking oil.

Steps: saute garlic and onion then add the mongo sprouts. Add one cup of water and let it boil. Add the sliced tofu and let it boil again for minutes. And that's eat! ;) You could add seasonings depends on your preferred taste.

My favorite somewhat healthy desert is strawberry shortcake.

All you need is angle food cake, strawberries, and whipped cream.

I consider it healthy, and the taste it outstanding!

Well, I love this native dish which my father taught me back when I was in my teens.

Ginataan (or guinataan) is a Filipino cooking method that means “cooked in coconut milk”. Ginataang Tilapia is a dish where Tilapia (a fish belonging to the tilapiine cichlid tribe) is cooked in coconut milk (or cream) and served with banana peppers. This method is popularized by the Bicolanos, the fifth-largest Filipino ethnolinguistic group that lives in the southern islands of Luzon.

GEDC1082.JPG

2 lbs tilapia, cleaned (about 1 kilo or 2 to 3 pcs)

3 cups coconut cream

3 cloves garlic, minced

1 bulb onion, finely sliced

1 knob ginger, cut into strips

1-2 banana pepper

1 tbsp. fish sauce (patis)

1 tbsp shrimp paste (bagoong)

¼ cup cooking oil

1 cup fresh spinach (or mustard leaves)

How to cook:

Step 1: Sauté garlic, ginger, and onions in hot oil

Step 2: Add the shrimp paste and fish sauce

Step 3: Pour in the coconut cream and stir until natural oil from the coconut cream comes out

Step 4: Add the banana pepper and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes

Step 5: Lower the heat and add the tilapia and Simmer for 7 to 10 minutes

Step 6: Add the spinach and simmer for about a minute

Step 7: Serve Hot. Enjoy!

I've heard about this dish. I love fish, but I don't think that's something that I want to attempt making. I might try a sample of it, but I wouldn't make a meal out of it until I know what it tastes like.

Wow Cecille that looks like a very tasteful dish. I may have to try it one day.One of my favorite recipes is charred ginger chile corn. Here's how you make it:

3 tbs. canola oil

3 cups fresh corn kernels cut from the cob(4to 5 ears)

2 1/2 tbs. minced fresh ginger

1 medium jalapeno chile, seeded and minced (about 2 tbs.)

4 large garlic cloves, minced salt and freshly ground black pepper

How to Cook:

1. heat skillet over high heat until smoking

2. Add oil and heat briefly. Put in the corn, and spread it evenly; let it sit for at least one minute

3. Stir in ginger and chile for about one minute; and stir in garlic and remove from stove

4. Add salt and pepper and enjoy!

Well, I love this native dish which my father taught me back when I was in my teens.

Ginataan (or guinataan) is a Filipino cooking method that means “cooked in coconut milk”. Ginataang Tilapia is a dish where Tilapia (a fish belonging to the tilapiine cichlid tribe) is cooked in coconut milk (or cream) and served with banana peppers. This method is popularized by the Bicolanos, the fifth-largest Filipino ethnolinguistic group that lives in the southern islands of Luzon.

GEDC1082.JPG

2 lbs tilapia, cleaned (about 1 kilo or 2 to 3 pcs)

3 cups coconut cream

3 cloves garlic, minced

1 bulb onion, finely sliced

1 knob ginger, cut into strips

1-2 banana pepper

1 tbsp. fish sauce (patis)

1 tbsp shrimp paste (bagoong)

¼ cup cooking oil

1 cup fresh spinach (or mustard leaves)

How to cook:

Step 1: Sauté garlic, ginger, and onions in hot oil

Step 2: Add the shrimp paste and fish sauce

Step 3: Pour in the coconut cream and stir until natural oil from the coconut cream comes out

Step 4: Add the banana pepper and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes

Step 5: Lower the heat and add the tilapia and Simmer for 7 to 10 minutes

Step 6: Add the spinach and simmer for about a minute

Step 7: Serve Hot. Enjoy!

Great share thank you!

• 5 weeks later...

OK.......just about everyone likes CHOCOLATE YEAH but if you want to indulge do it right and make your own chocolate or even better a power smoothie from COCOA a source of high antioxidant goodness for the body.

I source my goodies from ECOLurve online wholesaler......... 100% natural products like cocoa powder and butter,cinnamon etc............... :D

BLENDER GOODIES

2 Cups OF FILTERED WATER

2/3 cup of RAW nuts almonds,Brazil or hazel

3 Bananas

1 cup of ice (crushed)

3tbs Raw cocoa powder

5 to 8 Dates (optional)

1tsp Cinnamon

Add to blender and mix until you have a creamy smooth antioxidant power burst. :rolleyes:

ORAC POWER SMOOTHIE

1 BANANA

1/2 CUP OF FILTERED WATER AND SOME ICE

2 TBS OF GOJI BERRIES

2 TBS OF ACAI POWDER

1 RIPE MANGO

2 TBS OF FRESH ALOE GEL

HONEY OR PALM SUGAR TO SWEETEN

BLEND AND ENJOY :rolleyes: SOURCE INGREDIENTS @ ECOLURVE

• 2 weeks later...

Ecolurves Chocolate mousse pie Ingredients

• 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
  • 2 tablespoons cold water
  • 1/4 cup boiling water
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup ECOLURVES Cocoa
  • 2 cups (1 pt.)cold whipping cream
  • 2 teaspoons ECOLURVES vanilla extract
  • (6 or 9 oz.) of crushed gingernut buscuits
  • Refrigerated whipped light cream in pressurized can or frozen whipped topping, thawed

Milk Chocolates to place on top.

Directions

1. 1 Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small bowl; let stand 2 minutes to soften. Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved and mixture is clear. Cool slightly.
  2. 2 Mix sugar and cocoa in large bowl; add whipping cream and vanilla. Beat on medium speed, scraping bottom of bowl often, until mixture is stiff. Pour in gelatin mixture; beat until well blended.
  3. 3 Spoon into crust. Refrigerate about 3 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolates. Store covered in refrigerator. 6 to 8 servings.

:unsure: So if you are a bit of a health freak......

Try and get enthusiastic and try to make this mouth watering mousse,............ I get all my bulk ingredients online at ECOlurve.com at great prices and all straight from the source. No additives and 100% natural. :D