Green Blog

Organic coffee?

Simon

Saddly, many of the people you see at the "green" stores are buying organic coffee not because it is better for the environment, but because of the status symbol of serving organic coffee..... thoughtful.gif

But, that said, I like your sense of humor! icon_cool.gif

Just happened to take a second look at the planes, I have seen planes leave bigger smoke trails that that in landing an burning massive amounts of rubber.

But, maybe they count burned rubber as releasing organic material back into nature?

icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks for your replies guys!

Saddly, many of the people you see at the "green" stores are buying organic coffee not because it is better for the environment, but because of the status symbol of serving organic coffee.....
Yeah, I agree with you. But still, it's good that they atleast buy organic

• 1 month later...

Saddly, many of the people you see at the "green" stores are buying organic coffee not because it is better for the environment, but because of the status symbol of serving organic coffee..... <!-- s:thoughtful: --><!-- s:thoughtful: -->

But, that said, I like your sense of humor! <!-- s8) --><!-- s8) -->

Yep you've said it. It's the new fashion.

lol. What are you trying to differentiate on here? putting asides the green. What are the features now with coffee?

loool

The topic isn't exactly about organic coffee, is about the irony of people that buy organic coffee to protect the environment and drive an SUV

loool

The topic isn't exactly about organic coffee, is about the irony of people that buy organic coffee to protect the environment and drive an SUV

Well, there's alot of that around now. Even more so, trying to sell the idea that the earth is going to explode, and we are to blame for it. Very predictable and extremely irrational too. Humans heh, changes are definetly in the air.

Well, there's alot of that around now. Even more so, trying to sell the idea that the earth is going to explode, and we are to blame for it. Very predictable and extremely irrational too. Humans heh, changes are definetly in the air.

The earth isn't going to explode, for all we know.

But, it is our fault, and we are to be blamed.

Thinking that if you buy organic coffee, you are saving the world is a sign of being CLUELESS!

While it may be good to buy organic coffee, sort of like a small bug on the butt of an elephant thinking

that it is controlling the movement of the elephant!

Thinking that if you buy organic coffee, you are saving the world is a sign of being CLUELESS!

While it may be good to buy organic coffee, sort of like a small bug on the butt of an elephant thinking

:blink:

Of course organic food wont save the world. But its one small part needed in a big machinery to make it all work.

But. Really. Whatever we do it wont be enough or in time..

You said it! I thought the whole world had gone nuts, it's nice to know there are some people who understand what is going on.

Whatever gave you that impression? Oh wait, I know it's the New movement part of the whole global warming theory. No one is to blame for anything. The more people continue to think so, the more they are setting themselfs an open grave. Truth of the matter is, that what is going on, has nothing to do with Earth. It's a wake up call for humanity itself. We are definetly on a movement. You know like the free love hippy years, except this one, is giving the impression that it's all our fault. One twist on it, is that people are becoming more aware, of what is actually going on, and there are a few which are thinking for themselfs, though it's a struggle to find those. Even on the climate change agenda, some of the scientists who have real proof, that this is all make believe, are getting pushed to the back. It sure is a little messed up in there, but a great world nonetheless. :thumbup: Viva something. lol

:blink:

Of course organic food wont save the world. But its one small part needed in a big machinery to make it all work.

But. Really. Whatever we do it wont be enough or in time..

Enough and in time for what? Everyone is racing around like, headless chickens and so busy predicting or following the critics, that we are really missing out, on what is really going on. Kinda sad, but always been there.

Whatever gave you that impression? Oh wait, I know it's the New movement part of the whole global warming theory. No one is to blame for anything. The more people continue to think so, the more they are setting themselfs an open grave. Truth of the matter is, that what is going on, has nothing to do with Earth. It's a wake up call for humanity itself. We are definetly on a movement. You know like the free love hippy years, except this one, is giving the impression that it's all our fault. One twist on it, is that people are becoming more aware, of what is actually going on, and there are a few which are thinking for themselfs, though it's a struggle to find those. Even on the climate change agenda, some of the scientists who have real proof, that this is all make believe, are getting pushed to the back. It sure is a little messed up in there, but a great world nonetheless. :thumbup: Viva something. lol

Enough and in time for what? Everyone is racing around like, headless chickens and so busy predicting or following the critics, that we are really missing out, on what is really going on. Kinda sad, but always been there.

What are you talking about? Really?

It is humans fault we are in this situation. It's pathetic to think otherwise.

We have had scientific consensus for a long time now regarding who is to be blamed for the current climate changes and what will happen.

All, trusted, science points towards one thing: the climate chnage we are currently experiencing is man-made and will have devastating effects on the whole planet.

• the climate is undergoing a pronounced warming trend beyond the range of natural variability;
  • the major cause of most of the observed warming is rising levels of the greenhouse gas CO2;
  • the rise in CO2 is the result of burning fossil fuels;
  • if CO2 continues to rise over the next century, the warming will continue; and
  • a climate change of the projected magnitude over this time frame represents potential danger to human welfare and the environment.

Scientific consensus could be seen in the IPCC's Third Assessment Report, Working Group 1 (TAR WG1). That report have been endorsed by:

* Academia Brasiliera de Ciências (Brazil)

* Royal Society of Canada

* Chinese Academy of Sciences

* Academié des Sciences (France)

* Deutsche Akademie der Naturforscher Leopoldina (Germany)

* Indian National Science Academy

* Accademia dei Lincei (Italy)

* Science Council of Japan

* Russian Academy of Sciences

* Royal Society (United Kingdom)

* National Academy of Sciences (United States of America)

* Australian Academy of Sciences

* Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for Sciences and the Arts

* Caribbean Academy of Sciences

* Indonesian Academy of Sciences

* Royal Irish Academy

* Academy of Sciences Malaysia

* Academy Council of the Royal Society of New Zealand

* Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences

* NASA's Goddard Institute of Space Studies (GISS)

* National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)

* National Academy of Sciences (NAS)

* State of the Canadian Cryosphere (SOCC)

* Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)

* Royal Society of the United Kingdom (RS)

* American Geophysical Union (AGU)

* American Institute of Physics (AIP)

* National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR)

* American Meteorological Society (AMS)

* Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society (CMOS)

I'm talking about reality and my own understanding of what is really going on in the world, and your going on general public data consensus/news it seems.

Why do you think it is 'humans fault we are in this situation.' and why is it 'pathetic to think otherwise'?

I would really like to find out, your own personal opinion, putting aside scientific data and the IPCC.

I'm talking about reality and my own understanding of what is really going on in the world, and your going on general public data consensus/news it seems.

Why do you think it is 'humans fault we are in this situation.' and why is it 'pathetic to think otherwise'?

I would really like to find out, your own personal opinion, putting aside scientific data and the IPCC.

I am listening to what the scientists say, you know, the smart people.

You are, of course, allowed to believe in whatever you like. But don't come here, at this point, and say that climate change/global warming is a hoax, just because you have an hard time to believe its true..

This discussion reminds me about a quote from Mark Lynas:

Every qualified scientific body in the world, from the American Association for the Advancement of Science to the Royal Society, agrees unequivocally that global warming is both a reality, and caused by man-made greenhouse gas emissions. But this doesn’t make them right, of course. Science, in the best Popperian definition, is only tentatively correct, until someone comes along who can disprove the prevailing theory. This leads to a frequent source of confusion, one which is repeated in the Whitehouse article – that because we don’t know everything, therefore we know nothing, and therefore we should do nothing. Using that logic we would close down every hospital in the land. Yes, every scientific fact is falsifiable – but that doesn’t make it wrong. On the contrary, the fact that it can be challenged (and hasn’t been successfully) is what makes it right.

[...]

Yes, scientific uncertainties remain in every area of the debate. But consider how high the stakes are here. If the 99% of experts who support the mainstream position are right, then we have to take urgent action to reduce emissions or face some pretty catastrophic consequences. If the 99% are wrong, and the 1% right, we will be making some unnecessary efforts to shift away from fossil fuels, which in any case have lots of other drawbacks and will soon run out. I’d hate to offend anyone here, but that’s what I’d call a no-brainer.

I only asked, your own personal understanding of it all. A simple question. I am neither against or for global warming. It is a change yes, that is all.

I belive climate change is real, and man-made. Because thats what the scientists have proven.

If the scientists ever find that this assumption is wrong I will change my opinion about climate change in regards to the new findings.

I belive climate change is real, and man-made. Because thats what the scientists have proven.

If the scientists ever find that this assumption is wrong I will change my opinion about climate change in regards to the new findings.

Fair enough.

Thank you for answering Simon. :)

• 5 months later...