Green Blog

IPCC fourth document!!!!

burntoshine

This is meant to be about the recent release of the fourth and final document by the intergovernmental panel on climate change, but I draw upon more than that. Does anyone have nay ideas how publicy policy might react to the ipcc document??

So thanksgivning was great. Hope yalls was too, I am glad to be back home though, Iam sad I missed our first storm of the year, and even more sad that there is hardly anysnow left of it, damn global climate change. Now on topic with it, I was thinking we are just going to have to live with this stuff. The africans are living with global warming, hell, they are dying for it!!! The IPCC has stated in their recent document that up to %50 of the agriculturable lands could be lost, due to further desertification and other effects of global warming, if no climate policy is made. Literally thousands of tons of peoples will watch as their bones start to shwo through the skin more and more as they come closer to starvation, all while we sit here and contemplate what we ought to do. I do not know what to do, but I think it may invovle proactive cooperation. So why all this dying and suffering ,called global warming???So we can have that new lexus or mercedes benz, which are not even american products? I sure hope people are not actually trying to sustain the old dream, of our ecomonic world of material value. Cars and malls and computer can and whatever can be sustained if recycled and reused. Cradle to the cradle instead of cradle to grave. All things end up in the landfill, and if want some current form of life, some commodity we have grown a liking to, we will have to resourceful and genius in our design making sure that all other things must be considered before, such as the other members of the biotic community, before we can try and sustain it. Can we not see that a man is rich by what he can leave alone, that is simplicity is really healthy, physically and spiritually.

I propose the __ECO ACT__ . The Environmental Cooperation Organization, has only one rule, the golden one, treat others as you would want them to treat you. The organizations truly wants to not have a job and actually hates itself, because the very reason it exists is becasue of the need of its neccessity. The oranization also knows that by doing such to others we will have the healthiest country in the world. In light of ECO's only rule, america does not want to see the people of africa suffer from its use of fossil fuels, so fossil fuels are banned, forever, only used by emergency vehicles. We do not want the brazillian rainforest to dissapear, so the organization makes sure america does not contribute to any of the foresting there, it may even go as far as to ask othe contries to do the same and maybe even import some of our fine woods, which japan loves.

I agree with simon.We think that buying more goods will make us happier,but we tend to become more and more unhappy...The world suffers due to this large consumerism and since it doesn't change our lives for the better,we should reduce it.

you say that the western world has not ben hit with it yet, but recent sudies done over a the climate trends of the colorado plateau over the last 100yrs predict that we might be heading for a multi decade drought. What insurance can our current economy provide to us in such dire reports. I wonder what tools our society will produce to help cope, and if one could buy such?

****__-burntoshine-__****

you say that the western world has not ben hit with it yet, but recent sudies done over a the climate trends of the colorado plateau over the last 100yrs predict that we might be heading for a multi decade drought.
Of course we have been affected. But it cant even be compared to what other countries and people are suffering right now.

I wonder what tools our society will produce to help cope, and if one could buy such?
Hehe nice one

You know, they fall harder the taller they are. Us lofty Americans can only hold onto theirs material ideals until what? The stocks are awfully sporadic right now. Insurance is scared with natural disasters and fires being more of a concern, because of droughts from global warming.

Glad you liked the tool joke. But we are the tools creating global warming, my very hands with this computer. Damn! But am I not blogging? I am a tool. So are you! jk happy friday!!!

{{___***burntoshine***___}}

You know, they fall harder the taller they are. Us lofty Americans can only hold onto theirs material ideals until what? The stocks are awfully sporadic right now. Insurance is scared with natural disasters and fires being more of a concern, because of droughts from global warming.

If USA continues on its current destructive path it will only be a question of 'when' this superpower will fall, not 'if'.

I am pretty sure that this is the case for all peoples of the world. The longer we wait and contemplate what we ought to do about global warming, the more inevitable chaos and suffering are.

The IPCC is pretty much, I think, the largest gathering of scientist ever for one problem. Why does it not carry the weight of true authority, I am really anxious to see what will become of the meeting in Bali this month. I am really upset that America is not sending a competent official there.

burntoshine