Green Blog

Green builiding

Ambiente Housing

I am involved with a new housing manufacturer, Ambiente Housing. We are a composite housing company whose core product is made of recycled glass. We are looking for input from the green community to evaluate our product. The houses are impervious to hurricanes, fire, mold, insects...etc. Also, there is nothing in the house that uses valuable organic materials, and the house is 100% recycleable. Plus, the thermal rating exceeds R-30, to put that into perspective wood has a thermal rating of about R-3. We are passionate about creating houses that make green living both easy and affordable. Please, look at the website and give your opinion on the product.

http://www.ambientehomes.com

I am involved with a new housing manufacturer, Ambiente Housing. We are a composite housing company whose core product is made of recycled glass. We are looking for input from the green community to evaluate our product. The houses are impervious to hurricanes, fire, mold, insects...etc. Also, there is nothing in the house that uses valuable organic materials, and the house is 100% recycleable. Plus, the thermal rating exceeds R-30, to put that into perspective wood has a thermal rating of about R-3. We are passionate about creating houses that make green living both easy and affordable. Please, look at the website and give your opinion on the product.

http://www.ambientehomes.com

Your products are very good and your web site is also good with a lot of information.

More companies should follow you example

• 3 months later...

Sounds interesting. Not checked the website yet, as I'm interested in asking a couple of questions first. How do you measure 100% recyclability? Have you tested out, the houses in hurricane,fire,mold, insects etc. conditions? What were the results? What exactly does this thermal rating mean? And how did you measure it, against your recent houses? What illustrates that it exceeds R-30? As you put it.