Green Blog

The Root of All Evil?

Simon

• 5 months later...

Please edit those links ... cannot see it ...

Sorry about that. Some of the links posted in the forum got messed up when we converted from phpBB3 to IPB... <_<

Have just watched both films. Do not think either side is 100% right or wrong - but worth watching, because it is good to re-question what you believe :thoughtful:

Might put another post on....when I have done more thinking :thoughtful:

Have just watched both films. Do not think either side is 100% right or wrong - but worth watching, because it is good to re-question what you believe :thoughtful:

Might put another post on....when I have done more thinking :thoughtful:

Are you a believer? :halo:

Yes, Yes while I am Christian and follow some traditions I do not believe what a priest is saying! Not a word. I don't even go to church and I was only present on mass when people got married :D

Down with not the religion and tradition but down with religious institutions !!!

That is my opinon.

I would recommend Zeitgeist to all !

We are all believers, even if we believe in non-believing.

"Atheists don't believe in anything, except the power of reasoned rational thought, free investigation and the unfettered human spirit to succeed."

"Atheists don't believe in anything, except the power of reasoned rational thought, free investigation and the unfettered human spirit to succeed."

Thats a lot of things to believe in :excl:

Well, there is a major differance between reasoned and rational thoughts and to believe (and worship) a god.

There is a saying that the view depends upon which mountain you are stood upon.

As someone who has worked in a scientific research establishment, doing research sponsored by an EEC quango, I find it difficult to accept that science is objective, partly its who pays the piper, partly its how can I make a name for myself (don't let results that do not fit the theory get in the way of a good paper), and partly its what your peer group is expecting - hence, DL Henshaw was a maverick, but is no longer, and Rupert Sheldrake is still a maverick.

I know many people who reason, and weigh all the evidence as objectively as they can, but still come out with silly answers. Because someone is a scientist, does not mean they never come out with silly answers.

Because someone is a scientist, does not mean they never come out with silly answers.

Many times the come out with the answers that they are PAID to come out with.... :thoughtful:

the more silly the answer, the higher the price!