Green Blog

New Orleans Will Never Be Safe

Simon

New orleans is doomed!!! in few years with the climate change, there won't be any new orleans city. because it is below the surfase it will have huge problems with these huricanes. I suggest americans to find some other city to leave coz it's not worth it anymore icon_sad.gif

I expect that the guys who will have to move will at least see what climate change can do to us...And that's nothing in front of what they are expecting for the next years....

The same will happen with Netherlands. I saw in a web site that if the sea level rise only 1 meter the biggest part of Netherlands will be underwater

Whatever,we can be sure of one thing...sea level is rising dramatically fast...Daim,you said that now that New Orleans is in danger people will understand in what trouble we are into...I hope that's the case,I think most of them are sooo narrow minded,looking for their own profit...But some of them are getting to understand,that is something...

I agree with you Daim. But maybe we need to wait until another major city, like New York floods before the (white) politicians in charge decides to actually do something?

• 9 months later...

Despite more than $22 million in repairs, a levee that broke with catastrophic effect during Hurricane Katrina is leaking again because of the mushy ground on which New Orleans was built, raising serious questions about the reliability of the city's flood defenses.

From Leaky New Orleans levee alarms experts

New Orleans will never fully recover from Katrina, in part because of the chance of happening another catastrophe is very big

New Orleans will never fully recover from Katrina, in part because of the chance of happening another catastrophe is very big

Having spent a lot of time working on consulting gigs in the city and working with the government there, it will never be safe because the local politicians are so corrupt that it is a way of life there. The local boys blocked the Federal government from coming in quickly and even let the buses sit and flood rather than use them to move people out of the area.

The city has never had enough pump power to move the water out of the city even in a heavy rain let alone a big storm. All it takes is one pump to fail and you see water in the streets. Parts of the city are too far below sea level to be safe and they are still in a legal morass over who owns all the abandoned property. The state could have fixed this long ago but corruption at the state level is just as bad.

Having spent a lot of time working on consulting gigs in the city and working with the government there, it will never be safe because the local politicians are so corrupt that it is a way of life there. The local boys blocked the Federal government from coming in quickly and even let the buses sit and flood rather than use them to move people out of the area.

The city has never had enough pump power to move the water out of the city even in a heavy rain let alone a big storm. All it takes is one pump to fail and you see water in the streets. Parts of the city are too far below sea level to be safe and they are still in a legal morass over who owns all the abandoned property. The state could have fixed this long ago but corruption at the state level is just as bad.

Didn't know thing were so badly managed