Green Blog

Religion and Global Warming

Simon

First of all let me make it clear that I don't believe in any God or religion. My personal opinion is that if you need to believe in a God you basically disrespect nature and all it's powers. But thats another story...

Now to the point of this thread:

Wouldn't religious people and groups be the ones that try to be as green as possible? Why don't priests and other religious front-people speak out about the environment and really try to educate their assemblage about global warming?

I mean, wouldn't they want to take care of what their God have created? Wouldn't they want to take good care of Gods "house"?

Cause I wouldn't be happy if I were God and the people I have borrowed my "hosue" to just trashed and destroyed it.

Or do they believe God will come down to the earth and fix everything?

First of all let me make it clear that I don't believe in any God or religion. My personal opinion is that if you need to believe in a God you basically disrespect nature and all it's powers. But thats another story...

I also don't believe in god. I believe inthe powers of nature!!!

Wouldn't religious people and groups be the ones that try to be as green as possible? Why don't priests and other religious front-people speak out about the environment and really try to educate their assemblage about global warming?

I mean, wouldn't they want to take care of what their God have created? Wouldn't they want to take good care of Gods "house"?

In greece the situation with the priests is out of control. Few staborn people still believe what they say.. But the main purpose of a human is to take care of animals,trees,plants,mountains,rivers and all these kind of stuff...

Most people by my opinion think about it a lot,or others think that they won't live long enough to see the earth being destroyed...

Actually i don't believe in god to, because i think it's a fake created thousands of years ago

Cause I wouldn't be happy if I were God and the people I have borrowed my "hosue" to just trashed and destroyed it.

I think priests and religious people in general are more concerned in saving them selves from sin than actually do something for their planet

I think priests and religious people in general are more concerned in saving them selves from sin than actually do something for their planet

Totally right, but i know some priests that are really enviromental persons... they're doing some conversations in the churches about the main purpose of the man... Like helping animals, and forests... great persons! and the good thing is that the religious people who listen to them have total trust to what the priests says and so they act as they were told!!!

Totally right, but i know some priests that are really enviromental persons... they're doing some conversations in the churches about the main purpose of the man... Like helping animals, and forests... great persons! and the good thing is that the religious people who listen to them have total trust to what the priests says and so they act as they were told!!!

I must say that my country still is very catholic. So if that happened our environment would be much better

Here in greece priests have better things to do than thinking of the environment...How to make money etc...most of them try to control people so that they give money to churches and staff.

God was supposed to have said that human had the rensponsibility of taking care of the environment.But priests don't highlight that point cos they have other things in mind,so people who believe them don't see the point either...Pity,cos we could use the power and influence of church to make people aware of the environmental problems...

I however believe in a God just not the way Christains do. I don't see any valid reason why myself believing in a God is a wrong thing. icon_smile.gif But I think the religious groups around the WORLD need to focus on the EARTH more than their foolish holy wars and all that BS...