Green Blog

Nuclear Radiation

Lennox

In March of 2011, a tsunami combined with a magnitude-9 earthquake struck Japan and, notably, wrecked one of the nuclear power plants. The United Nations reported that the effects of the radiation on the population wasn't as bad as it could have been, but this one source claims that it has greatly affected the biodiversity of a whole other continent, so potent and far-reaching are the effects of radiation. The latter source is an economics blog, and I suppose there's only so few sources that can say, "The media is lying but only I know what's what" that can be taken seriously.

What do you think?

• 1 month later...

We all know from history that nuclear radiation is incredibly harmful and that the consequences are far reaching. Nothing would surprise me as there have been so many cover ups that were eventually exposed. Even now there are things we are not aware of that are hidden from us by governments all over the world.

I was trying to think back that far, and I don't even remember hearing that news.  It is sad!  Where I live, the local news media does not show many world events.  If they do, it is a 30 second clip no more than one minute.  I do know that nuclear radiation causes harmful effects, some still unknown.  No one can state for a fact what the effects will be 50 years from now, but there will be harmful consequences.

Nuclear radiations are very harmful for a person and it is very easy for the people in power start covering up certain issues related to it to make it look good for the entire world. Hence, there is nothing to be surprised if few issues have started coming up. I believe that this issue is similar to the one about the harmful effects of cell phone. Although there are thousands of researchers trying to convey to the  world that the cell phones are harmful to our health, there are many other millions of people who are trying to shut the mouths of these researchers for obvious reasons. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was trying to think back that far, and I don't even remember hearing that news.  It is sad!  Where I live, the local news media does not show many world events.  If they do, it is a 30 second clip no more than one minute.  I do know that nuclear radiation causes harmful effects, some still unknown.  No one can state for a fact what the effects will be 50 years from now, but there will be harmful consequences.

How could you miss the news about Fukushima and the massive earthquake in Japan? It was on all channels, internet and newspapers, and everywhere else!?  :wacko: