Green Blog

West Virginia chemical spill

hedonologist

Has anyone else seen about the West Virginia chemical spill? It seems to be affecting a very large number of people. It's certainly concerning how easily this got into the water supply and how many people may be feeling the health effects of it. Anyone here from West Virginia able to comment?

I have MSNBC playing in the background, most of the day. I heard that peole near th espill have no clean water, due to the chemicals having entered the local supply.

Citizens have been warned to avoid using the water at all. This means boiling the water, as you would for minor supply issues, is out of thw question.

This is a horrible event. Apprently no one knows how lethal the chemical might be, they do not know if clean ujp will restore the water suply's safety!

It's a disaster alright! Over 300 000 people without any clean water. And the extent of the damages are still unclear. And no one knows yet how long it will take before people can drink water again. "This could be a matter of hours for some communities, and for other it could be a matter of days," Al Jazeera correspondent Jonathan Martin reported from Charleston

This is very scary.  My nephew lives in West Virginia.  Most of the stores are sold out of bottled water.  Bottled water is being shipped in from other states.  But, supplies are limited.  They are not sure, how long it is going to be before, the water is drinkable, again.

Does anyone else have any updates on the situation. For some reason this has recieved very little coverage in the UK. Has the water supply been restored yet or are people still dependant upon bottle water? I hope all is resolved as soon as possible.