Green Blog

Simple ways of being green?

xcmiller93x

What are some little things you can do to be green? A lot of people don't know how easy it can be to help the environment. I'd like to hear some of the ways you help our environment. I hope to get some new ideas from you all!

Save on water use.  Recycle, repurpose or reuse what you can.  Compost...garden.  Walk or ride a bike when you can.  Participate or contribute if you can to worthy causes.  Talk to others about being green...spreading the word and changing one attitude is a big step.

There are many simple things you can do.
Recycle and also buy recycled goods when possible
grow a garden
walk, run or ride a bike ( not only is it good for the environment but, it’s good for you)
do simply little things like don’t litter
pick up litter when you see it
use energy saving products

• 4 months later...

Use more homemade cleaning products like vinegar in water to clean your floors, olive oil and lemon as wood polish and lemon and water for cleaning mirrors.  I love to collect all these going green tips to keep our homes safe and healthy.

I help out in simple ways. I just avoid using plastic as much as I can and not throw litter everywhere. Simple and too mainstream but it'll make a big difference if all of us just do it religiously.

This is a great question. Well, we often forget on how we can contribute to our society in being green. Here are simple ways of being green.

1. Recycle, Reduce and Reuse

2. Save water

3. Save energy

4. Do not burn plastics

5. Help cleaning

To wrap it up, the only thing you have to do in order for you to be green is to love our environment and  be sensitive enough on the effects of what we are doing.

I make it a point to carpool with others going to and from work whenever possible. I think one of the biggest problems with the traffic situation where I'm from is the number of cars on the road. You see a lot of people driving SUV's and Vans solo, and that also means more gas consumption and more co2. 

As much as possible, I try to walk to get to my destinations, if its not 3-4 kilometers away that is. Aside from getting exercise, I don't contribute to co2 emissions and I save money on gas / commute fare.

There are many other simple ways to be contribute, a lot of it has to with one's habits I guess.

I save food containers and re use them until they fall apart, I re use the same water bottle over and over again, and I try not to throw things away. My clothes get donated, or I cut them up and use them for rags.