Green Blog

CHOCOLATE LOVER

angelsfun

:rolleyes: I think I mean I know I'm a chocoholic -_-

A quick favourite recipe I love to make.

1 cup of dark Cocoa powder

1 cup of coconut oil

1 cup of Cocoa butter

After melting the Cocoa butter ( needs to be grated to melt faster ) in a double boiler,add the Coconut oil melt if hard, stir in Cocoa powder and other goodies such as Goji Berries,dessicated coconut,Raisins,Dates,Pumpkin seeds,Cocoa Beans,Almonds,hazel nuts Brazil :wub: OK you get the idea any goodies that you love :D

If using Cocoa Beans or Nibs just maybe 15 crushed ones for this mix as they are bitter so you have to add a sweetener I add Palm Syrup or Sugar for this mix around a quarter of a cup :o

You can test taste the mix if its the right choice for you before you place it in the fridge to cool.

So if you want just add more dates,Nuts Figs raisins whatever you like to bulk it up.

This Healthy mix is full of Antioxidants so a little goes far.

I get all my ingredients in Bulk online at Ecolurve.com at great prices :P

It is supposed to be a pudding? It sounds good. However, I wouldn't mind making myself a fall or winter hot chocolate drink with the cocunut oil and hot chocolate. I'd probably also spike it with coffee. :)

Well if you like making MOCHA I can send you Raw dark Cocoa or light alkalized Powder and Arabica Coffee beans then you will have a natural source with no additives :rolleyes: a kilo of each should get you through the winter. :D :D

You can call it a Pudding if you like its just healthy Chocolate :)

• 4 weeks later...

I also love chocolate but especially dark chocolate. This recipe does seem to be high in saturated fat though and this makes me hesitant to try this recipe. The coconut oil and cocoa butter are fats. Seems like recipe for 'death by chocolate'. Every ingredient is fat...a heart attack waiting to happen. I may be wrong but that is how it looks to me.

I will stick with a block or 2 of dark Lindt chocolate.

• 5 months later...

I also love chocolate but especially dark chocolate. This recipe does seem to be high in saturated fat though and this makes me hesitant to try this recipe. The coconut oil and cocoa butter are fats. Seems like recipe for 'death by chocolate'. Every ingredient is fat...a heart attack waiting to happen. I may be wrong but that is how it looks to me.

I will stick with a block or 2 of dark Lindt chocolate.

Well, I think it's healthy because she did mention nuts, seeds, raisins, and such. She didn't go overboard with the recipe either. She's also using Palm Sugar, which is much healthier than regular sugar.

Did you know that dark chocolate consists of between 200 and 210 of calories and on average, each contains 20g fat. Oh and get this - you should eat dark chocolate in moderation due to its high fat and calories content. So, yeah, any type of chocolate with or without additional items should be consumed moderately. I have no idea why you're criticising angelsfun's recipe because I personally think it's good. At least, she's sharing something. Also, I have never heard of anyone getting a heart attack due to eating lots of chocolate :) But, yes, you're right, to you - it looks like a heart attack to happen. Thus, you shouldn't try this recipe!

Angelsfun, thanks for taking the type to share the recipe with us who are interested. I have copied your recipe and I can't wait to try it. My MIL loves chocolates and I'm sure she would enjoy it when I surprise her with it. I love hazelnut so I'll definitely add those into the mix. My MIL has eaten chocolates all her life and she's very healthy. I think her active lifestyle keeps her fit and free from diseases and heart attacks! :)