Green Blog

Left 4 Dead

Simon

Seems like an awesome game :)

Indeed! :)

But I am confused. How can the estimated tax on Left 4 Dead be so much?

Subtotal $49.99

Estimated Tax $12.50

Total $62.49

The game would cost me $62.49 to buy over Steam due to the insane $12.50 tax added. If I bought the game in a store here in Sweden the game would just cost me $49, including taxes.

I've previously bought games via Steam but this price is just insane. It must be something wrong here. Why is the price higher here, online at Steam? I mean, I dont even get a CD or a case for those money.

<_<

The estimated tax above are VAT charges.

In Sweden, VAT is split into three levels: 25% for most goods and services including restaurants bills, 12% for foods (incl. bring home from restaurants) and hotel stays (but breakfast at 25%) and 6% for printed matter, cultural services, and transport of private persons. Some services are not taxable for example education of children and adults if public utility, and health and dental care, but education is taxable at 25% in case of courses for adults at a private school. Dance events (for the guests) have 25%, concerts and stage shows have 6%, and some types of cultural events have 0%.

Now wouldn't a game from Steam fall into the cultural services and products category, with only 6% VAT charges? :huh:

Well I did buy the game over Steam anyways. Cause its green and its an easy way to buy games.

I've played the game for a few hours now and its such a nice game. The co-op and gameplay is really nice. I've never experienced any other game with such a strong and good teamwork among the players.

:thumbup: