Green Blog

Anti-Human Propaganda

Shallow minds make small shallow movies!

They do have a point..

This does raise the issue of:

Is green alturistic- or is it about trying to keep the human race at the top of earths hierarchy?

I believe it's mainly altruistic. We haven't really gotten to the point where people think of the selfness for the human race..

They do have a point..

I believe it's mainly altruistic. We haven't really gotten to the point where people think of the selfness for the human race..

I agree Simon, the movie did make some good points, and could be useful to at least get a reaction....

Re altuism. Sometimes if I view the earth as a single living matrix, sort of along the Ghia idea, I end up thinking maby Giha does not need humankind anymore, and we by being green are trying to hang on in. A few weeks ago I watched a documentaly about what would happen to the earth if all the humans suddenly disapeared. Much of it was filmed in Pripyat, which was abandened after Chernobyl:

http://listverse.com/travel/top-10-interes...andoned-places/

All in all I could not help but think that the earth could be better off without us.

I agree Simon, the movie did make some good points, and could be useful to at least get a reaction....

Re altuism. Sometimes if I view the earth as a single living matrix, sort of along the Ghia idea, I end up thinking maby Giha does not need humankind anymore, and we by being green are trying to hang on in. A few weeks ago I watched a documentaly about what would happen to the earth if all the humans suddenly disapeared. Much of it was filmed in Pripyat, which was abandened after Chernobyl:

http://listverse.com/travel/top-10-interes...andoned-places/

All in all I could not help but think that the earth could be better off without us.

Of course the world would be better without us. There is no question about it. (Unless it comes an HUGE meteor "in the future" and we somehow with our awesome technology saves the earth from total destruction! :lol: )

But the earth could also be a happy and wonderful place even with humans living on it. We just need to climb out of the dark pit of religion and stupidness and realise that we are one people, one race, and unite.

Maybe we could use a bit of an collective altruistic?

• 3 months later...

I think the misanthropic elements of the Green movement are misguided. Homo sapiens is over 200,000 years old and only really became a problem when it began subverting entire ecosystems into the production of human food 10,000 years ago. There's nothing inherently wrong with humankind, we've just adopted a lifestyle that requires us to consume the biosphere for it to continue.

Btw, I'm new to this forum...Hi everybody :-)

I think the misanthropic elements of the Green movement are misguided. Homo sapiens is over 200,000 years old and only really became a problem when it began subverting entire ecosystems into the production of human food 10,000 years ago. There's nothing inherently wrong with humankind, we've just adopted a lifestyle that requires us to consume the biosphere for it to continue.

Btw, I'm new to this forum...Hi everybody :-)

Hi Michael,

Welcome to the forum! I hope you will have a great time here. :)

Yep, keep a sense of humor and ask a lot of questions

Yes, the discussions here can get a bit heated sometimes. But that doesn't mean we dont like or respect each other. :)

Oh, and don't forget to answer a lot of questions! ;)