Green Blog

A Picture is Worth... Playful Polar Bear

Simon

Polar bears are getting quite a lot of media attention these days because of global warming and people are becoming more familiar with them. But here's a side of them that we don't see every day: The playful side. Above is a wild male polar bear, about 1,200lbs and probably hadn't eaten in 4 months, playing with sled dogs in the North of Manitoba, Canada. This is not a unique event, it happens more often than we think in nature. Don't try this at home, though.

via http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/09/a_...ure_is_wo_3.php

Those pictures are soooo awesome,I really love them.

Though we shouldn't take them for granted,polar bears rarely feel anything else but hunger and mother love.

Still,it is really nice to see they can feel like us.They are so cute even if they are not very friendly.I hope we can do something to help them,the melting of ice affects them so much,they can't find food.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All these pictures show that polar bears are extremely remarkable animals(as every animal and living organism of cource)

And they are thought of becoming extinct withing the next twenty years because of their losing their habitat... icon_cry.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello I'm P.Bear

By P. Bear, polar bear, in Bali

I’m pretty sure that I’m the first Polar Bear to have ever been to Bali. It’s a beautiful place, and the people are lovely, but to be honest it’s not a climate that suits me. This is my second visit to Kyoto talks – but last time in Montreal was much closer to the Arctic, my home. I’m hot and uncomfortable and a long, long way from the familiar.

Not that the conference hasn’t been welcoming. I was on the front page of the UNFCCC website this morning and everyone wants to stop and chat. I just hope they’re listening to what I have to say. I’m here because I need delegates at this conference to do something about the fact that my home is disappearing.

Did you know the Arctic is warming faster than anywhere else on the planet? The higher temperatures are melting the sea ice I depend on to hunt seals for dinner, so I’m hungry. I’m thinner than I was at the Montreal talks, and so are my friends. On average we weigh 15% less than we did 20 years ago.

My good friends at Greenpeace recently petitioned the US Fish and Wildlife Service to list polar bears as a threatened species because of global warming. We hope to get the decision soon.

Ill keep you updated with what I'm doing here - I just hope they all do the right thing. Me and my family really don't have much time.

From http://weblog.greenpeace.org/climate/2007/..._sure_that.html

Well they are top predators,not at all harmless...like sharks,only they have some emotions...

In any case,we shouldn't judge animals acccording to their ability to feel.the ugliest worm has the same right to live and be protected as the cutest dolphin. icon_smile.gif

• 6 months later...

Hi,

These pictures are really nice. But i feared that in future we are left with this pictures of polar bears because on the speed they are killing by us. Where they will go will we can able to say our kids that once there were polar bears?

I am an artists i know how much important all this things for us. I had a lot of pet portraits with me which i had made for future. But i don't want this thing to happen & i urge to all of you that please don't let this happen. Save Forest, Save green, Save animals.

Thanks

JSR Solution

• 2 months later...