Green Blog

Meteorologist cried on TV: "An incredible, incredible hurricane"

Simon

Meteorologist John Morales broke down in tears while giving his forecast for Hurricane Milton's progress on WTVJ in South Florida. Watch: 

Excerpt: "It is an incredible, incredible hurricane. The pressure has dropped with..."
He looks down at his screen and continues in a shaky voice:
"... it has dropped by 50 millibars. In ten hours."
His voice breaks. The faster the air pressure in a hurricane drops, the faster it strengthens.
"I apologize. It's just terrible."

In an interview afterward, he told the New York Times that he began to cry out of shock at the hurricane's rapid development, compassion for the victims, and ultimately over his frustration at humanity's failure to reduce global warming, which is behind the increasingly extreme weather.

"To see what I've known would happen [to] unfold before your very eyes when you've been trying to warn people about this and urging action on climate and not getting enough of that — it's just frustrating," he later said to People.

Amazing, we're at that time in history when meteorologists cries over climate change on TV... :grimacing_face: