- Shop at second-hand stores.
- Use reusable bags and containers.
- Shop items made of recycled materials.
- Always dispose garbage properly, sort recyclable and compostable products and empty the contents into labeled containers.
- Buy products which are reusable, returnable or refillable.
- Buy in bulk, not individually wrapped items.
- Purchase liquid cleaning products, windshield washer fluid and antifreeze in concentrated forms.
- Compost food and yard waste. Food leftovers, tea bags, tree leaves and trimmings can be stored in a compost bin.
- Reduce the amount of promotional mail in your letter box. Ask for online invoicing.