Green Blog

Eco trainers

greenman

I recently bought a pair of Puma Eco trainers. The trainers are the classic Puma Suede but made with 100% recycled materials and designed with sustainability in mind. The shoe is called Puma Re-Suede if you're interested in buying a pair....

Do you buy environmentally friendly clothing?

Do you buy environmentally friendly clothing?

I do sometimes. But most of the time organic clothes are too expensive. :(

So instead I try and buy good quality clothes that last longer. And often this isn't much cheaper. ;)

I don't tend to buy specific eco friendly clothing, but I make good use of the stuff I have, to make it last longer. Not only that, but I fashion new things out of multiple older things.

I don't often tend to buy eco friendly clothes but always try and go for a vegan option where possible. I'm not sure if this counts as well? Converse are quite a good choice because it doesn't hurt any animals in the making. I guess the rubber soles are a bit of an issue when it comes to recycling though. I would be interested to see some more links to environmentally friendly clothing if anybody else has any great recommendations?

I don't often tend to buy eco friendly clothes but always try and go for a vegan option where possible. I'm not sure if this counts as well? Converse are quite a good choice because it doesn't hurt any animals in the making. I guess the rubber soles are a bit of an issue when it comes to recycling though. I would be interested to see some more links to environmentally friendly clothing if anybody else has any great recommendations?

There are plenty of stores online. Look up eco-friendly clothing or organic clothing. I think the eco-fashion industry will grow in the coming years. I have been buying eco-friendly clothing for around 5 years now and there are more outlets than ever before.

• 1 year later...

Can someone please explain how clothing can be eco-friendly or environmentally friendly?  I have never heard this term before with clothing, accessories, and fashion, and I don't understand what this means.  I don't see how a company can claim this. I am just a little lost on this idea.  Thank you.

Can someone please explain how clothing can be eco-friendly or environmentally friendly?  I have never heard this term before with clothing, accessories, and fashion, and I don't understand what this means.  I don't see how a company can claim this. I am just a little lost on this idea.  Thank you.

It's pretty easy actually. Clothes requires fabrics and these can be made from organically grown products (such as cotton) and be manufactured in an eco-friendly way, without dirty toxins and so on. Clothes can also be fair trade, which means that the people who made your shirt did so under good conditions and that they have been paid a decent wage.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. We use cookies and other tracking technologies to improve your browsing experience on our site, show personalized content, analyze site traffic, and understand where our audience is coming from. To find out more, please read our Privacy Policy. By choosing I Accept, you consent to our use of cookies and other tracking technologies.