Green Blog

London to plant 2 million trees by 2025, says mayor's office

Simon

The Guardian reports:

"The mayor's environment plan is aiming to increase tree cover across the capital by 5% – an extra 2m trees – by 2025.The programme, Leading to a Greener London, also involves plans for an increase in green space in inner London by 5%, including green roofs and more trees in streets. A green roof features waterproofing and drainage layers topped with soil and plants.

Other measures to make the capital "greener, cleaner and more civilised" include pilot schemes which will pay householders to recycle.

"Trees in streets have a very positive air-quality effect," Dedring added."

I've been to London before and I gotta say this is not a moment to late! The air quality is awfully disgusting in London compared to other major cities in Europe.

I've never been to London but I believe it when it comes to air quality. Nice to see they're doing something about it. Wish more cities would take the initiative.

The air quality is awfully disgusting in London compared to other major cities in Europe.

You think? I've never noticed. That said, London is the biggest European city by far, so it does makes sense.

Yeah. I was in London for about a week and at the end of my trip my snot was all black...

"That said, London is the biggest European city by far, so it does makes sense."

Yea, tell me about it! London alone has more people than all of Sweden combined. :whistle:

Yeah. I was in London for about a week and at the end of my trip my snot was all black...

"That said, London is the biggest European city by far, so it does makes sense."

Yea, tell me about it! London alone has more people than all of Sweden combined. :whistle:

Maybe I'll wait to visit to avoid the black snot syndrome.