Green Blog

COP21 and our sense of humanity

Gabriela Marinho

Hi!
I share the great article "Awareness today . . ." about the COP21 and our sense of humanity, by the Brazilian writer Paiva Netto.

Check out it and leave your comments on the website ;)  http://goo.gl/IzsZVt

I quote a short part of the article: 

"I present, as follows, for this 21st Conference of the Parties (COP21) held in Paris, France, from November 30 to December 11, 2015, a modest contribution to the debates that the climate agenda urgently demands.

For decades I have defended that the destruction of Nature is the extinction of the human race. It is evident that this is not just a simple catch phrase to grab the attention of Humanity, always in a hurry, often towards its own extermination.

In general, human beings act like there is no tomorrow. For this reason, they cease to assess the future results of their actions in the present. This is worrisome, because when the devastating effects of bad sowing arrive, the situation may be irreversible or accompanied by enormous losses.

Sustainability is in vogue. However, do we act according to its meaning? Problems related to natural resources increase every day. Look at how water levels in reservoirs are getting lower in several cities in the world! . . . "

Keep reading: http://goo.gl/IzsZVt

Best Regards, 
Gabriela. :)