Sweetpea

Green cooking

I like meals that take little or no cooking. Things like orzo or couscous cook in 5 minutes, that saves alot of energy, cold salads and simple chopped veggies. I piund chicken thin so it cooks quickly. How do you cook green?

I have started cooking outside more because we had to chop down a big cherry tree and we have been using the wood to cook outside. The firewood has lasted us for 2 years and we still have a quarter of it left. We try to preserve energy, if we use the oven we utilize it for multiple meals, not just one meal.

I usually cook only in the mornings. I cook something that's good enough until dinner. This way I save energy. It's also less hassle and less work on my part.

In the summer, we barbecue everything.  Or should I say that my husband barbecues :D ...I know that we save a lot of energy that ways and it is one of the best ways to cook because the food is always delicious.

A Barbecue is the best way to save energy when cooking. Eating as as much raw food as possible is another option that we should be considering at all times, not only for health but also for the environment.