Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Simon Leufstedt

Welcome to our community

Welcome to our community and thank you for registering! Hopefully you will have a great time here discussing and meeting new people.

What kind of topics can I discuss here?

This community is a place to talk about the climate and how it's changing our planet and affecting our lives. But anthropogenic global warming means so much more than just climate science, graphs, and climatology. It's about mitigation and adaptation strategies. It's about energy issues such as fossil fuels and renewable energy. It's about local, national and international politics as well as religion and activism. It's about wildlife and biodiversity. It's about sustainable architecture and design. It's about organic gardening as well as large scale agriculture and GMO farming. It's about transportation, cars, bicycles, and other forms of public transportation. It's about living your life as sustainable and green as possible.

Because climate change is so deeply integrated in our daily life and society it represents an unprecedented difficult problem. To solve climate change we can't just switch to clean and renewable energy (something that is hard enough on its own). We also need to fundamentally change our societies from the ground up. Hopefully this community can help change minds and start discussions and conversations about the challenges we are all facing.

Do I need to follow any special rules?

Yes and this is pretty important, so please take a moment to read our forum usage guidelines. They are posted here as a general reminder in an effort to keep the forums friendly and usable for everyone. Don't worry, it's not a long list of rules that you must remember at all times. In fact they are pretty simple and they basically come down to this: Respect others and you will be treated with respect. Be rude and disrespectful, and you'll not find much help here.

If you think someone is breaking any of our guidelines, or behaves in a rude and disrespectful way, please contact one of our moderators or report the offending post.

I don't know how this forum works and I could use some help :unsure:

Sometimes it can be a bit difficult to understand how all parts of the forum work. Most general questions about the various features this forum has to offer can be explained by reading through our Help files. If you've just registered and signed in to our community for the first time it could be a good idea to read our easy and quick guide. If you're still having problems just contact me or one of the moderators.

I need to contact a site administrator about something very important!

You can contact us using this email: hello@green-blog.org. You can also send me or one of the mods a private message.