Green Blog

Circus Assange

Simon

So it's official, Ecuador will grant Wikileaks co-founder Julian Assange asylum in the country.

"Ecuador has granted asylum to Wikileaks founder Julian Assange two months after he took refuge in its London embassy while fighting extradition from the UK," BBC reports.

So what do you think all this means for circus Assange? Will he get extradited to Sweden for questioning over allegations of serious sexual assaults or will he be able to slip away to Ecuador?

The UK foreign secretary, William Hague, says Assange will not be allowed to leave country. "We will not allow Mr Assange safe passage out of the United Kingdom, nor is there any legal basis for us to do so," Hague said, writes the Guardian.

Personally I am very dissapointed with Assange's actions lately. But I would love to hear your thoughts about it all.

Oh and I think this photo is rather fitting for this whole circus:

I didn'r know about this situation before reading this thread so I don't know any of the details. What does spring to my mind is that Assange may have been set up by the authorities. They hate Wikileaks and I think a set up is not beyond the realms of possibility. I could be totally wrong, though...

I think that Assange is talking shit about the real reasons for avoiding the Swedish justice system. He has shown repeatedly that he is a completely different man than the heroic freedom fighter he has pretended to be. Instead he's turned out to be a coward, and probably also a rapist.

I think that Assange is talking shit about the real reasons for avoiding the Swedish justice system. He has shown repeatedly that he is a completely different man than the heroic freedom fighter he has pretended to be. Instead he's turned out to be a coward, and probably also a rapist.

He does look rather strange and sinister in the photo you posted. However, WikiLeaks has exposed many dark secrets and I've always thought the people involved with WikiLeaks are under serious threat because of this.

What are his reasons for avoiding the Justice System?