Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Simon Leufstedt

I am looking for a new laptop - please help!

Tomorrow my Political Science studies at the university will continue after the summer break. Unfortunately I am having difficulties finding an apartment. So I will have to travel to the university by train every day there is a lecture. That means I will have to spend 5-6 hours every day just sitting in a train going back and fourth my hometown and the university city. Sometimes you just hate the fact that Sweden hasn't invested in their railway system in ages... Oh well that's another story.

All this means that I will need a laptop so I can work while I wait for the train and when I sit on the train so I can make the most of the time. Does anyone here have any good advice on which kind of laptop I should get? I need it to be fairly cheap (I am a poor student after all!), the batteries should last long and it shouldn't be heavy or clumsy. I think a anything below a 14" screen is too small. And I am afraid a 17" screen would be too big.

I hear you on the poor student status lol..

Well I would suggest not getting a 17inch, I did and it was a back sore carrying it around everywhere! I ended getting a new smaller one, but spec wise better than my old one. It is a 15inch and suits my back pretty well.

Check out Amazon, what would help us to help you more is if you let us know what specs you are looking for and battery life and such.. More information, more resources ;)

Yeah I think you can be correct that a 17" would weigh too much. :P

Hmm about those specs. I don't need anything impressive really, but a large hard drive is a must. I don't care about any graphics and stuff as I will only use the computer to browse the internet and write documents.