Green Blog

OBAMA'S FIRST 100 DAYS

Simon

Today Barack Obama has been in office for 100 days.

What are your thoughts and views on his first 100 days? Has he failed, succeeded or been too soft against the far-right Republicans? :cute:

Also, dont forget to vote in the poll! ;)

Today Barack Obama has been in office for 100 days.

What are your thoughts and views on his first 100 days? Has he failed, succeeded or been too soft against the far-right Republicans? :cute:

Also, dont forget to vote in the poll! ;)

From looking at the results so far, he has not fulfilled any of the key campaign promises. He has not made any headway as far a "green" jobs and many are becoming concerned by the massive deficits for years to come. Bottom line, really too soon to tell so not sure that rating him on "100 days" is really going to prove much. He has made some good picks for key positions but also some very bad picks that may not have been his fault!

Also, there is subset of the democratic party that is working against some of the things that he is trying to accomplish by spewing hate toward the other party instead of focusing on the core problems. As I said, not sure it is really fair to be "grading" him just yet.

I am still looking for real action on man-made climate-change, and not just good speeches. And I think he is too "right-wingish" in his politics.

But of course he is much much much better than the climate wrecker George Bush. And I agree with you that it's too early to judge him.

I am still looking for real action on man-made climate-change, and not just good speeches. And I think he is too "right-wingish" in his politics.

But of course he is much much much better than the climate wrecker George Bush. And I agree with you that it's too early to judge him.

The word is that Chrysler is going into bankruptcy today, long overdue I might add! One of obama's major mistakes, shoring up the automakers that their own accountants said could not survive without bankruptcy.

News just in:

Chrysler to file for bankruptcy

Some lenders refuse offer to reduce debt, leading to likely bankruptcy filing. But Chrysler expected to remain in business and complete deal with Fiat.

Appears that having too much debt did them in, that plus producing cars that people did not want to buy (minor detail)

The word is that Chrysler is going into bankruptcy today, long overdue I might add! One of obama's major mistakes, shoring up the automakers that their own accountants said could not survive without bankruptcy.

News just in:

Chrysler to file for bankruptcy

Some lenders refuse offer to reduce debt, leading to likely bankruptcy filing. But Chrysler expected to remain in business and complete deal with Fiat.

Appears that having too much debt did them in, that plus producing cars that people did not want to buy (minor detail)

Yes I agree. Bailing out the failed auto companies is a MAJOR mistake from Obama. It's a waste of money and time. It would have been much better (in the end) for the auto companies to go under and be replaced by new smarter and more modern companies.