Green Blog

Happy Earth Day!

Michelle Goes Green

I'm sorry this is so late! I was pretty busy all day but I did finally find some time to wish everyone a Happy Earth Day!

What did you do today for our planet? For me, I changed the rest of my light bulbs to CFLs.

Happy b-lated Earth Day to everyone too!! :)

I was busy with things too!! :)

Actually had a 'zero waste week' for the Earth Day week.. :)

We tried to cut our waste to zero...

We didn't manage to go completely zero (but this is our 1st attempt! & not everyone in the family was fully onboard!) - we came pretty close though!! :)

Wanna see how close? :)Zero Waste Week: Results!

Well I must confess I didn't do anything particular good for the environment. I spent the day playing left4dead with my friends. :lol:

Hmm.. did you all at least use just one computer & one room? (to lessen electricity usage?)

Maybe next year you could do something special? Like even a 'green' party or picknick? :)

/with reusable cups & plates of course!! :)/

Hmm.. did you all at least use just one computer & one room? (to lessen electricity usage?)

Maybe next year you could do something special? Like even a 'green' party or picknick? :)

/with reusable cups & plates of course!! :) /

Well yes but of course! I did just use one computer. :lol:

Well that could be fun. But I don't know.. For me earth day is just another day where you have to live "green".

It feels that day is just "special" so that corporations can sell their consumerism by calling it green.

Well yes but of course! I did just use one computer. :lol:

Well that could be fun. But I don't know.. For me earth day is just another day where you have to live "green".

It feels that day is just "special" so that corporations can sell their consumerism by calling it green.

I agree lots of companies want to do 'greenwashing' & sell (sometimes unnecessary!) things in the name of 'green'!

It's up to us, green-aware citizens, to really come up with REALLY green schemes, to have fun, or do something nice for the environment!!

For example, as owner of this forum, you're in a great position to lead by example! :)

And if you tell people about some fun and REALLY green things you did or are doing, they might think about it & do them too! :)

As I went to the shops I told all the shop assistants we had zero waste week for Earth Day & they all agreed it was a great thing & wished more people did it! I even made some friends! :)