Green Blog

The Age of Stupid

Green Blog

Yesterday the new climate change movie "The Age of Stupid" had premiere in the UK. The movie stars Pete Postlethwaite as an archivist in the devastated world of the future, asking the question: “Why didn’t we stop climate change when we still had the chance?” He looks back on footage of real people around the world in the years leading up to 2015 before runaway climate change took place.

View the full article

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone here planning on watching this film/documentary?

Or have you already seen it? What did you think of it?

Nope, just another fantasy film, but not done very well compared to the other fantasy films in the theaters.

You can only cry wolf so many times and then it just becomes noise! B) Time to focus on making green energy cost competitive with non green sources. To many "archivists" spend to much time ranting and raving (negative noise) instead of working to develop a positive solution. People in hard times are not wanting to hear another angry voice telling them that the world is coming to an end.

Nope, just another fantasy film, but not done very well compared to the other fantasy films in the theaters.

You can only cry wolf so many times and then it just becomes noise! B) Time to focus on making green energy cost competitive with non green sources. To many "archivists" spend to much time ranting and raving (negative noise) instead of working to develop a positive solution. People in hard times are not wanting to hear another angry voice telling them that the world is coming to an end.

Ah come on! Dont be so negative. And it's not a "fantasy film"...

I think you're spot on there. That was my reaction exactly - too much panicking, not enough positive solutions.

I think you're spot on there. That was my reaction exactly - too much panicking, not enough positive solutions.

That is because it's the reality!

"Quietly in public, loudly in private, climate scientists everywhere are saying the same thing: it’s over. The years in which more than 2C of global warming could have been prevented have passed, the opportunities squandered by denial and delay. On current trajectories we’ll be lucky to get away with 4C. Mitigation (limiting greenhouse gas pollution) has failed; now we must adapt to what nature sends our way. If we can."

That is because it's the reality!

"Quietly in public, loudly in private, climate scientists everywhere are saying the same thing: it’s over. The years in which more than 2C of global warming could have been prevented have passed, the opportunities squandered by denial and delay. On current trajectories we’ll be lucky to get away with 4C. Mitigation (limiting greenhouse gas pollution) has failed; now we must adapt to what nature sends our way. If we can."

"scientists everywhere are saying the same thing", totally not true. Good example of why people are getting tired of the constant fear mongering. Thats the real "age of stupid", no intelligent discussion just fear, fear, fear.

"scientists everywhere are saying the same thing", totally not true. Good example of why people are getting tired of the constant fear mongering. Thats the real "age of stupid", no intelligent discussion just fear, fear, fear.

An increased number of Americans think Global Warming is "exaggerated". I guess you are one of them? <_<

An increased number of Americans think Global Warming is "exaggerated". I guess you are one of them? <_<

What is exaggerated is the constant fear mongering that takes the place of intelligent discussion. <_<

What is exaggerated is the constant fear mongering that takes the place of intelligent discussion. <_<

This movie is not "fear mongering". The truth hurts. There is no point in trying to hide away it.

This movie is not "fear mongering". The truth hurts. There is no point in trying to hide away it.

The "truth", get real, the movie is "fiction", not a scientific documentary, you want it to be true, but that does not make it true. :lol:<_< And yes it is fear mongering.....

The "truth", get real, the movie is "fiction", not a scientific documentary, you want it to be true, but that does not make it true. :lol:<_< And yes it is fear mongering.....

And with "truth" I meant in general. But I guess you did not get that. And no it is not fear mongering...

I haven't seen the film yet. And so haven't you. But they, and the reviews, say they only present real scientific facts. But I guess you Americans don't trust science... Maybe you should go and look for the answers in the bible? :lol:

• 1 month later...

this movie sounds great!!!

As long as you like sci-fiction is may well be good. So far does not appear to be good enough to make the major theater chains who look for attendance($) rather than hype....