Green Blog

Rick Perry continues to deny global warming, attacks climate scientists

Simon

Rick-Perry.jpg

Rick Perry, the religious, right-wing conservative who currently is the Governor of Texas, told a crowd of people in New Hampshire last week that he didn't believe in global warming and claimed that “there are a substantial number of scientists who have manipulated data so that they will have dollars rolling into their projects”. This is what he said:

"You may have a point there, because I do believe that the issue of global warming has been politicized. I think there are a substantial number of scientists who have manipulated data so that they will have dollars rolling into their projects. And I think we are seeing almost weekly or even daily scientists are coming forward and questioning the original idea that man-made global warming is what is causing the climate to change. Yes our climate’s changed, they’ve been changing ever since the earth was formed. But I do not buy into a group of scientists who have in some cases found to be manipulating this information."

Perry also said that if he wins the election next year and becomes the next US President he wouldn't spend much money to combat the climate crisis and its devastating effects:

"And the cost to the country and the world of implementing these anti-carbon programs is in the billions if not trillions of dollars at the end of the day. And I don’t think, from my perspective, that I want America to be engaged in spending that much money still on a scientific theory that has not been proven, and from my perspective, is being put more and more into question."

Just crazy!

Also check out this related article: The environmental record of Mitt Romney, Michele Bachmann and Rick Perry

• 2 months later...

I do not think spending to make our earth a better and safer place to live for everyone is not wasting money. Just choose which groups or projects are to be given funds since there could be corrupt people around using the issue of global warming.

Thinking human beings don't deny climate change unless they are pandering to an interest group in whose interest it is to have sheople continue to over-consume precious, diminishing resources. Let's think ... who benefits from the moronic, arrogant and foolishly short-sighted drill, baby, drill mantra? Maybe some big oil and big energy corporations? And could the Texan twerp be buddies with some big-oil-big-money folks? Oh, yes, I think so.

Fortunately, Rick Perry can't string a coherent thought together if it requires more than six words, so I think we may be safe from him this round of elections.

• 3 weeks later...

Fortunately, Rick Perry can't string a coherent thought together if it requires more than six words, so I think we may be safe from him this round of elections.

Yes this was made painfully obvious when you watch Perry's latest performance during this CNBC debate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYaRM9_eQW4