Green Blog

GREEN WEAR - ORGANIC CLOTHING

Kobra

Hey,

This is Kobra. im a new member to the site and forum. i recently took action on my passion to keep the planet clean, by creating a new organic clothing store, http://www.thegreenoutfitters.com . I have a couple articles about organic materials on the site, as well as my blog. I would love everybody's opinion on my site, products, and blog. If you leave me your comments, blog posts, recommendations, or just want to buy something...let me know your part of this forum, and I will get you a coupon for the site. More details on that later...but come on by, and let me know what you all think. I am also looking for businesses and people to work with.

Hi Kobra,

Your site looks quite nice, but I would make a couple of suggestions - the font-size that you use is very small - remember that many of your visitors may not have perfect eyesight! Your header is beautiful, but it does take up a lot of space on your page, and the file size is enormous; your header image on its own is 320kB and I would usually recommend that the entire page is less than 100kB.(my day job is making these sort of recommendations!) In addition, you might want to consider getting a copy-editor or proof-reader to go over your site - there are several grammatical mistakes, and it does not flow very well.

Sorry if that sounded negative, I am trying to offer what I hope is constructive criticism :)

Good luck with the site

Hi Kobra,

Your site looks quite nice, but I would make a couple of suggestions - the font-size that you use is very small - remember that many of your visitors may not have perfect eyesight! Your header is beautiful, but it does take up a lot of space on your page, and the file size is enormous; your header image on its own is 320kB and I would usually recommend that the entire page is less than 100kB.(my day job is making these sort of recommendations!) In addition, you might want to consider getting a copy-editor or proof-reader to go over your site - there are several grammatical mistakes, and it does not flow very well.

Sorry if that sounded negative, I am trying to offer what I hope is constructive criticism :)

Good luck with the site

Kobra, Just to backup what mini-organic said, I also do websites as part of my profession. So, suggestions:

1) Reduce the header by 50% at least, you are wasting valuable space.

2) Font looks to be 10pt, needs to be 12pt

3) Pictures of clothing line are too small use large enough pictures so that people can see that they look good so that people will want to click on larger view.

4) Divide the clothing into different pages, one for men - one for women etc.

5) New products page is blank - NEVER take anyone to a blank page! If you do not have the content yet, do not put up a link to it.

6) Keep your pics in a lower res

7) Overall site layout is good! Always keep it clean and bright.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. We use cookies and other tracking technologies to improve your browsing experience on our site, show personalized content, analyze site traffic, and understand where our audience is coming from. To find out more, please read our Privacy Policy. By choosing I Accept, you consent to our use of cookies and other tracking technologies.