Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve_Barker

Chip Madness

I always thought it complete madness that work (UK) bought frozen packets of ready to cook chips from the Netherlands, but....

We are now getting frozen chips supplied by a Japanese company, which are made in China :huh:

The brand name is Ever Green Brand, and they are supplied by the Shinyei Cooporation.

I always thought it complete madness that work (UK) bought frozen packets of ready to cook chips from the Netherlands, but....

We are now getting frozen chips supplied by a Japanese company, which are made in China :huh:

The brand name is Ever Green Brand, and they are supplied by the Shinyei Cooporation.

That's ironic. How can they call them selves "green" if their food travels thousands of Km?

That's ironic. How can they call them selves "green" if their food travels thousands of Km?

And given Chinas track record with food processing, I suspect that you might wish to have the number for poison control handy when you eat them! <_< The word "green" and China should not be used in the same sentence!

And given Chinas track record with food processing, I suspect that you might wish to have the number for poison control handy when you eat them! <_< The word "green" and China should not be used in the same sentence!

yeah indeed. One of the reasons why you should try to eat only local food