Green Blog

Solar Panels on Graves??

Bobby

Solar Panels on graves - I guess it saves space...

What do you think?

Will never fly in most countries but does make sense where they have large buildings that house graves etc. In reality, they need to look at may of the large factories that have lots of space on the roof and the amount of solar panels would be huge as would the amount of energy created. :D

Solar Panels on graves - I guess it saves space...

What do you think?

I think it's great! :)

Here in Sweden soem churches want to place solar panels on their roofs. But the Government says No because they think the solar panels would uglify the churches.

Will never fly in most countries but does make sense where they have large buildings that house graves etc. In reality, they need to look at may of the large factories that have lots of space on the roof and the amount of solar panels would be huge as would the amount of energy created. :D

...and super markets, and car parks, and houses and buss stations and... The possibilities are endless! :cute:

I think it's great! :)

Here in Sweden soem churches want to place solar panels on their roofs. But the Government says No because they think the solar panels would uglify the churches.

...and super markets, and car parks, and houses and buss stations and... The possibilities are endless! :cute:

For very old building, 100 years+ they may have a point, and as you said "The possibilities are endless" for newer buildings that would already have updated wiring to support the panels. I would think almost all government buildings should be the starting point. <_<

Unlike gargoyles ...

Ah, we dont have freaky stuff like that on our churches, remember, Sweden's main christianity is Lutheranism. Our churches mostly looks like this:

...or this

...well you get the point ;)

Ok, but given the slope of some of those roofs, I am still thinking better to look at more practical and less costly places to build them <_<

Maybe the slop of the roofs can be an advantage to solar panels in northern regions, because of the earth's inclination...

Would be ironic, never managed to get a solar panel whilst alive, but when dead............

Think of the possibilities, you could light up your grave! Flashing neon lights! <_<

In the UK, we have graveyards that are being used to grow fruit and vegetables. The idea is to use up space for growing fruit and veg, as well as convincing children that graveyards are nothing to be afraid of.

In the UK, we have graveyards that are being used to grow fruit and vegetables. The idea is to use up space for growing fruit and veg, as well as convincing children that graveyards are nothing to be afraid of.

Well, I guess it does save on fertilizer! :thoughtful:

Ueeeeeeuh! :yuck:

And

convincing children that graveyards are nothing to be afraid of
I think is really pushing the point.

You may get away with it in the UK but in most of the world I think Simon's reaction would be the norm....

In the UK, we have graveyards that are being used to grow fruit and vegetables.

A small corpse of apple trees, maybe? Well, it's better than it simply being dead space, I suppose. I wonder whether the Brits shall coroner the market for cemetry-grown fruit?

This brings up issues of green death in general.

In the UK we have a green undertaker:

http://greenendings.co.uk/index.htm (love the motorcycle hurst on the description page)

Related link : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/oxfordshire/3886631.stm

Is this the way forward?

Personally, I would like a sky burial. Chop me up in bits and leave me for the local red kites to eat, seems much better than making a fuss, and investing time, enegry, and land in someone who is no more.

http://www.ciolek.com/WWWVLPages/TibPages/tib-burial.html

This brings up issues of green death in general.

In the UK we have a green undertaker:

http://greenendings.co.uk/index.htm (love the motorcycle hurst on the description page)

I like the idea of being fertilizer. I don't particularly want my body to be dug up any time in the future due to expanding housing developments.

I also want my body parts used for research and organ donation. How's that for recycling? :)

Dan

I like the idea of being fertilizer. I don't particularly want my body to be dug up any time in the future due to expanding housing developments.

I also want my body parts used for research and organ donation. How's that for recycling? :)

Dan

Fertilizer would be recycling! :D