Green Blog

Green cleaning and Green Products

yongestclair1

Green Products

A green product or service is generally defined as one that is both environmentally and socially responsible. In short, the product or service is favorable and accountable to the environment and people that provides and utilizes it.

Generally, green products and services are innovative, creative and are appealing to the mainstream consumer. They benefit the producers of the materials and the manufacturers and suppliers of the products. They show concern for ecology i.e. the plants, animals and ecosystems that underlie the production, supply and usage and they are comprised of materials that are relatively benign in their extraction phase such as reused, recycled, renewable, organic. The product's materials are either reusable and/or recyclable in our industrial processes or biodegradable so that they may be safely returned to the soil.

In certain cases, they are energy efficient in terms of production, supply and/or usage to the extent that they may save more energy in their usage than that used to make them. The manufacturer may be utilizing green energy or subscribing to climate neutral credits. Green products are generally serve a useful purpose and are easy to use. The term may be relative in nature so that a hybrid automobile, although not clean by objective criteria, they may be clean relative to similar autos.

Green products and services are reviewed at http://www.onebiosphere.com as well as related environmental topics of current concern.

There are many green products being manufactured and marketed to consumers. Some of them are not really green The problem of "greenwashing" is critiical to the term green. Hence, if you want to buy a green product, you should go for an eco-labelled product, certified according to an eco-label scheme following an ISO 14025, type I eco-labelling. Examples of such schemes are the European Flower and the Nordic Swan. Products labelled according to such schemes.

Green products fulfil environmental criteria developed in an open process with all stakeholders present, they are multi-parameter and the criteria are often revised to meet various parameters of environmental performance. The most comprehensive list of ISO 14025, type 1 eco-labelling schemes may be found at the GEN (Global Eco-labelling Network).

Green Products

Hence, if you want to buy a green product, you should go for an eco-labelled product, certified according to an eco-label scheme following an ISO 14025, type I eco-labelling. Examples of such schemes are the European Flower and the Nordic Swan. Products labelled according to such schemes.

However, 80% of the green products today are not eco-labeled products. eco-labeling is really just now catching on.

There is a new Green carpet cleaning franchise on the way called PURphora.

They must be updating their website because I can't pull it up now.

This PURphora 100% chemical free carpet cleaning franchise says that they are all organic and plant based cleaner.

It said that the organic cleaner they use is edible. Wow its about time companies start looking for safe and natural cleaners.

I will try to find them again and keep you updated.

They had 3 domains

purphora.com

zerochemcarpetcleaning and nochemcarpetcleaning

This is truly exciting.

Marsha

There is a new Green carpet cleaning franchise on the way called PURphora.

They must be updating their website because I can't pull it up now.

This PURphora 100% chemical free carpet cleaning franchise says that they are all organic and plant based cleaner.

It said that the organic cleaner they use is edible. Wow its about time companies start looking for safe and natural cleaners.

I will try to find them again and keep you updated.

They had 3 domains

purphora.com

zerochemcarpetcleaning and nochemcarpetcleaning

This is truly exciting.

Marsha

The error you are getting indicates that the website is empty but has been registered (DNS entry). Suspect that are in the process of creating the website and will upload the complete site when they are ready for "prime time".

• 1 month later...

Quick and Easy Way to Get Green Cleaning Products!

GreenCupboards is a new business dedicated to certifying and offering household products for sale that are not only environmentally friendly, but also highly effective. We’ve done the research to help you find the “greenest†and most effective products and conveniently bundled them in what we call “Cupboards.†All of the products offered by GreenCupboards have been tested and certified by GreenCupboards on the basis of five criteria. The GreenCupboards team evaluates ingredients, toxicity, efficacy, manufacturing processes and packaging.

Currently, we are offering GreenCupboards-certified kitchen, bathroom and laundry products. Soon, we will be stocking green nursery and pet care supplies. Over time, we intend to purvey environmentally friendly personal care, cosmetics, lawn and garden and recreation room goods. GreenCupboards shoppers have the option of purchasing GreenCupboards-certified items in standardized Cupboards, customized Cupboards, in bulk or on a per-item basis.

Check us out for green cleaning!

http://www.greencupboards.com

First of all,we should all avoid the popular most effective products. For example those liquids that can remove rust only by touching an object. Natural and eco friendly ways of cleaning do not have such instant and magic results. Usually those that demand the least effort and time consist of toxic or chemical substances

First of all,we should all avoid the popular most effective products. For example those liquids that can remove rust only by touching an object. Natural and eco friendly ways of cleaning do not have such instant and magic results. Usually those that demand the least effort and time consist of toxic or chemical substances

instant and magic results
But they show it on TV, surely it must be true! :lol:

Natural and eco friendly ways of cleaning may not be instant but the do work and should always be the first choice before grabbing the "magic" product of the day.... <_<

• 5 months later...

I recently went on a hunt for compostable products at retail prices. Particularly, I wanted compostable drinking straws for my daughter's smoothies. I finally found LetsGoGreen.biz. They have a large selection of eco-friendly products as well as great fundraising opportunities. By using the discount code SGR20 at checkout, you will save 20% off your entire order.

http://www.letsgogreen.biz

• 2 weeks later...

And what about the basics? Vinegar, for example, softens clothes in the washer, eliminates odors, cleans soap scum, cleans windows, shines chrome, cleans floors, is a great to combat dandruff, conditions hair, eases the itch of mosquito bites and just today, I found it removes self-tanning stains. There are plenty of simple, nontoxic items we can make ourselves from just things we stock on our pantry.

• 4 years later...

Although these products are all great, I am much more interested in homemade products that are made up of every day substances we have in our homes. I do believe that this is by far the best and safest way to go green.

• Like 1

I agree with oraclemay I like homemade products because I know exactly what goes into them and can rest easy that they are as close to all natural as I can get. The bulk of the cleaning supplies I use is homemade and natural. My current favorite is an all purpose cleanser I make, it's simple and easy. I combine warm water, vinegar, alcohol, a drop of dish soap and my favorite herb (lately I'm partial to rosemary or sage) in a bottle, muddle the herbs add to the liquid and then I'm all set. It does require a bit more elbow grease than harsh chemicals but I'm happy to exert the effort so my apartment smells nice and fresh.

This sounds like an awesome cleaner. I think I might try it. I am on the lookout for something that will give the toilet a good clean. Perhaps vodka and something else? I have heard of people doing a lot of cleaning with cheap vodka, although I have not tried this myself.

I found an all-purpose cleaner called Plantex Green Organic Ultimate Solution with a little seal that says it's "green choice certified NELP-GCP PRP 2010002" whatever that means. It has the texture of liquid soap, claims to be antibacterial, and smells quite nice, but the ingredients list is terribly unhelpful because it only says: Plant extracts, Plant enzymes, Surfactant, and Fragrance.

Unfortunately, it doesn't clean very effectively either... it gets there eventually, but only after three times over with some hard scrubbing.

• 1 month later...

This sounds like an awesome cleaner. I think I might try it. I am on the lookout for something that will give the toilet a good clean. Perhaps vodka and something else? I have heard of people doing a lot of cleaning with cheap vodka, although I have not tried this myself.

I try not to make it a habit, I prefer to use homemade cleansers with herbs or natural extracts because I like the smell but there is a popular vodka toilet cleaner that I have read about on many sites. All you need is vodka, vinegar and baking soda, combine them all pour it into the toilet and then flush after an hour, I have never used this (not sure why but I have a weird feeling about combining all of these and then puring into a toilet) but have used cheap vodka to scrub the surface of my toilet. If you're looking for a non chemical toilet cleaner I would suggest pouring coke or some other cola into the toilet and letting it sit a bit, then flush. I have also heard this works for clogged drains but have never tried it.