Green Blog

Invite Obama to Poland

Simon

Dear Sen. Obama

I'm writing with a simple request: attend the UN Climate Meetings this December and rejoin the world's fight against the climate crisis.

The need for an international deal has never been greater. NASA's top climate scientists have said that to avoid disaster the planet needs a plan both to cut carbon emissions sharply and immediately, and to steer a long term path back below 350 parts per million Carbon Dioxide.

And time is running out. The UN Climate Meetings mark a one year countdown to finish crafting an international climate deal.

I call on you, as President-elect, to commit to going to the UN meeting in Poland in December 2008 to:

• Commit the US to mandatory reductions of Greenhouse gas emissions that meet the urgency science calls for and transition the US to a clean energy economy.
  • Commit to helping developing countries reduce their emissions and adapt to the impacts of climate change, and to transfer the technology that will help bring the world to more sustainable economies.

Sending this strong signal to the world will help spur the negotiations so that a genuine global agreement meets the seriousness of the problem. The world is ready for action.

Thank You.

SEND THE INVITATION, CLICK HERE!

Done :D

PS do not like all the you need flash 9 errors that come up on 350.org (I use flash 7, 9 slows this old machine down too much). This is especially irksome because when pushed all the flash bits will run under flash 7!!!

Done :D

PS do not like all the you need flash 9 errors that come up on 350.org (I use flash 7, 9 slows this old machine down too much). This is especially irksome because when pushed all the flash bits will run under flash 7!!!

Great! :)

Yes, I can't understand why people still makes websites in flash. Flash is awful in so many ways... :mad: