Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Green Blog

GreenHeart: Sony Ericsson's Eco-Friendly Phone

Sony Ericsson recently released a new eco-friendly concept phone called the GreenHeart. According to Sony Ericsson the phone is made from bio-plastic housings, recycled plastic keypads and will come with an “environmentally conscious packaging” (see the picture to the right). The phone will have a zero charger with 3.5mW standby power. The manuals to the phone will no longer be printed on paper and will instead be offered as HTML based e-manuals that you can read on your computer. With the phone Sony Ericsson also wants to ship a game style educational application called “Ecomate”.

GreenHeart is still just a concept. So there are really no guarantees that this version of GreenHeart will be the one that finally gets released to the market.

“This concept has been shared with a few selected partners in the industry, whose response has been extremely positive. Sony Ericsson will therefore take this concept and initiate a two-way conversation with customers on what features they believe should be implemented in future phones and in what priority.”

You can also take a look at Nokia’s more futuristic-looking eco-friendly phone concept, or their 3110 Evolve, an eco-friendly phone that you can actually buy now.

View the full article

Darn. I was looking for a new phone for Christmas before my flip phone breaks in two (although the possibility of that will not keep me from donating it) and got all excited when I saw this.

So now I have the dilemma of waiting it out or going with something else.

Darn. I was looking for a new phone for Christmas before my flip phone breaks in two (although the possibility of that will not keep me from donating it) and got all excited when I saw this.

So now I have the dilemma of waiting it out or going with something else.

Yes, its a shame its just a concept so far. :(

But take a look on Nokias 2110 Evolve and see if it fits you needs (and desires). :P