Green Blog

Google Plus

YounGMessiah

Well Google Plus isn't a forum, it's another social network to be exact lol.

Right now it is still new, much people don't know about it, but I believe it's going to grow onto folks. When it officially opens and more word of mouth (sadly more spam =[), then it might be a better experience. I really enjoy the simplicity and ease of features with strong integration, but you could say that about FB; all a matter of use and opinion lol

I'm using Google+ at the moment but it's a total bummer because only one of my friends is on there and I don't really know what to do when I'm on there. I do love the interface though, it's really nice. I hope it takes off and more people switch because Facebook is a mess these days and I'm getting tired of it.

Yeah, Google+ is still relative unknown among the non-Internet savvy people. Still, I hope G+ gets more and more mainstream because it is truly a kick-ass service that deserves to be more popular.

Yes, it was not yet popular to my friends and that is one reason why I am not active on Google+ even i have an account on it. My connection to my friends is my reason why I have social networking sites like Facebook. It helps me to stay connected with them and know their recent statuses.

I am on Google + since nearly 1 month and so far it has been really quiet over there because Google + is still running in beta version and the only way to join is through invitation. I sincerely hope that Google does not lose focus and eventually in this clash of titans of the 2 social networking giants, it is us internet users who will eventually benefit. A healthy competition is a boon for all of us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been slowly transitioning over to Google + from Facebook. I like the circles feature that really lets me control what I share with who.

Facebook is a tough habit to break though, and I've been using it for years. I'm waiting to see if Google + picks up the users that are projected, as well as whether it offers the games that allure so many Facebook users.

I wish they would transform that pointless "Sparks" feature into some kind of more social and discussion driven feature. They should create some kind Groups feature, where you can discuss specific topics with random people and that all those discussions and shared items would show up in your stream (just like it is now with the Sparks feature).

I wish they would transform that pointless "Sparks" feature into some kind of more social and discussion driven feature. They should create some kind Groups feature, where you can discuss specific topics with random people and that all those discussions and shared items would show up in your stream (just like it is now with the Sparks feature).

That sounds suspiciously similar to what we call a forum! ;)

• 1 month later...

I do have an account over there, but I'm not sure how it functions. I find it complicated to use in comparison with Facebook. I'm not into Facebook-ing but I do have an account there just to keep in touch with friends, but with my Google+ account, friends I've met via forums I'm registered to.

I have heard of it and even gotten connected with it but I haven't used it at all. There are just too many social networking around before you go through all of them, a day is finished. I think am also too busy trying to work I have cut in half the time I spend networking.

Google Plus rocks! I really like it, its usability is awesome and Google really knows how to keep things simple and user-friendly. It has grown very quickly but the other little glitch that I have for now is that very few of my contacts have embraced it.

I am trying to get them to switch but most are too comfortable on facebook. I will not give up though. I truly feel that Google Plus is the future of social networking. ^_^

Ah yeah, most of my "real life" friends are still on Facebook. But that shouldn't stop you from being social on Google+. There are so many different and interesting people to follow and posts to engage in on Google+ that I doubt you'll find it "boring".

I am not using Google+. I know a lot of my friends have it, but they don't really use it. I think that Facebook will continue to dominate Social Networking. I don't think everyone will ditch it like they did Myspace. Facebook has too many members to ever crash and burn. I don't know if Google+ will ever catch on, but I think it'll be a while before it does.

• 4 months later...

Here's a green Google+ circle to help you get some more activity in your stream. The circle contains 500 people such as the British author and journalist +Mark Lynas, +Danielle Brigida from the National Wildlife Federation, and +Brad Johnson who is the editor over at ThinkProgress Green.

• 2 weeks later...

I do have a Google+ account, but I don't really use it for its intended purpose. I don't make any posts, but I do have some writers that I follow so I have a steady stream of content on it.

I've never really used any social media, so I'm still trying to decide whether I will step out into the virtual world with Google+ or not. I do like the look and potential of Google+.