Green Blog

Global Warming "Speed Bump"

rbokros

Hello, I am new to the forum and glad to be here. I am anxious to get started in conversation. I am looking for forums that allow me to learn more about being green and allow me to share what I have larned through the years and what our family does to help. So, without further adooo......

This article was sent to me, I found this very interesting and I am not sure what to think of it. Share your thoughts.

NASA says-Short Term Ocean Cooling suggests Global Warming "Speed Bump"

http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2006/sep/H...an_Cooling.html

I also had this sent to me.....hmmmmm, very interesting stuff.

http://www.spaceandscience.net/id16.html

All I have to say is that the sun is NOT responsible for climate change.

That's ok Simon, because they are not real sure themselves. Note the sentence "Another implication of the study is greater uncertainty in estimates of long-term ocean warming rates". One of the key issues with all of the cries of "Wolf, Wolf" concerning Global Warming is that they really don't know the true facts. It has not been that long since the same people were forecasting another ice age. In reality, they don't know all the factors in the equation and how much each one contributes to the overall sum. :thoughtful:

It has not been that long since the same people were forecasting another ice age. In reality, they don't know all the factors in the equation and how much each one contributes to the overall sum. :thoughtful:

Sure, but that was until they figured out that the warming from greenhouse gas emissions was much higher than previous estimations.

With the current warming an ice age can't break out, cause it is, and will be, to damn hot.

I think they have nailed it this time, so to say. The scientific errors we see now from the climate reports are that they have been to "soft" in their predictions.

The changes in the climate we see now are man-made, that is for sure.

All I have to say is that the sun is NOT responsible for climate change.

Uhhhhhh....the sun is the biggest contributor to our climate. That statement is absolutely wrong.