• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Simon

• mountainhiker

• Steve_Barker

• only_green_no_gray

The browser is alright. It looks good and the new features are good.

But websites doesn't behave or look that good anymore.. That is one huge downside.. :(

Take a look for yourself: Opera 9.5

Not a big problem, Firefox 3 will be out in a few weeks! :crazyhappy:

The browser is alright. It looks good and the new features are good.

But websites doesn't behave or look that good anymore.. That is one huge downside.. :(

Take a look for yourself: Opera 9.5

Tried it on the Mac last night and it runs very well - noticeably faster than Opera 9.27, Firefox 2, and iCab 3. Bet a lot of Mac fans will say that the GUI is too "colourful" - but I think it looks very smart.

Not sure what you mean by the look and behaviour of websites, certainly the Mac version seems spot on.

Yay. ;)

Tried it on the Mac last night and it runs very well - noticeably faster than Opera 9.27, Firefox 2, and iCab 3. Bet a lot of Mac fans will say that the GUI is too "colourful" - but I think it looks very smart.

Yes, it's a lot faster that previous versions. It looks very good in my opinion. But if you dont like it you can always change skin and edit it as much as you like.

Not sure what you mean by the look and behaviour of websites, certainly the Mac version seems spot on.

The windows version dont format sites that well. I see lots of bugs on Newsvine.com this forum and other sites that in previous versions of Opera had no issues. :(

And it seems it have some problems with the cache memory...

Im gonna try to re-install a "fresh" version of Opera 9.5 later today. My current Opera 9.5 got upgraded from an older 9.24 Opera version. Might be because of that everything acts awful..

So I am running Firefox 3. And I like it.

I have used it for like 10 mins now and there is, so far, two things I dont like with it:

1. The yellow folders. Gods that is one ugly yellow colour.

2. The spell checker when you publish comments (like here in this forum). I can't seem to make the spell checker go away or change into english. Now every word I type is marked as wrong spelled. :( Make it go away!!!!

So I am running Firefox 3. And I like it.

I have used it for like 10 mins now and there is, so far, two things I dont like with it:

2. The spell checker when you publish comments (like here in this forum). I can't seem to make the spell checker go away or change into english. Now every word I type is marked as wrong spelled. :( Make it go away!!!!

Should have gone with Firefox 3, better, faster and not buggy! :crazyhappy:

Should have gone with Firefox 3, better, faster and not buggy! :crazyhappy:

Hehe thats what you get for choosing a browser (Opera) that follows the standards the best. ;)

Well.. Firefox is still my main browser and has been for over a year now.

Hehe thats what you get for choosing a browser (Opera) that follows the standards the best. ;)

Well.. Firefox is still my main browser and has been for over a year now.

I have been using IE and Firefox for years for web development purposes. If you are working on a application you have to go with the high percentage. Between IE and Firefox you have it covered....

I have been using IE and Firefox for years for web development purposes. If you are working on a application you have to go with the high percentage. Between IE and Firefox you have it covered....

I tend to neglect IE users.. I don't want to make my sites work in IE..

If people choose to use an old, insecure and buggy browser then they'll just have accept that websites dont look or behave as good.

Thats how I feel at least ;)

I tend to neglect IE users.. I don't want to make my sites work in IE..

If people choose to use an old, insecure and buggy browser then they'll just have accept that websites dont look or behave as good.

Thats how I feel at least ;)

Usage share for April 2008

1. Internet Explorer: 74.83%

2. Firefox: 17.76%

3. Safari: 5.81%

4. Opera: 0.69%

5. Netscape: 0.56%

6. Mozilla: 0.16%

7. Other: 0.12%

Another source shows that Netscape dropped and Firefox has gained. Either way the top 3 account for 98.4% of the user community. Once you cover above 90% trying go cover anymore has no ROI. :)

Note that it takes Opera and Netscape together to cover 1%, sad note on where Netscape used to be.

I started using firefox 3 yesterday and i think it's great :thumbup:

What folders?

I've downloaded the British version

The folders in my bookmarks are sort of light tan, will check and see if we have any way of changing the folders icon.....

Hopefully the future will mean writing sites to standards, it is then up to the browser companies to render the standards. This will stop Opera, and others, being critisised for not coping with bodges designed to make sites work in Explorer, and sites written with poor standard compliance M/s (and others, Serif etc.) web site writing programs.

The folders in my bookmarks are sort of light tan, will check and see if we have any way of changing the folders icon.....

Just like mine, i kinda like the color

Take a look at the screenshot:

Alroy intro AirGo.pdf

So ugly!

I use the swedish version, I dont think there is a difference between the different language versions..

Firefox 3:

If you have downloaded the brand new Firefox version 3 you can find a little Battlestar Galactica easter egg. Check the above screenshot for example.

This is how you do:

Just type About:Robots into your address bar and hit enter. Enjoy! :)

"Welcome Humans!" is this from something I don't know?

"We have come to visit you in peace and with goodwill!" The Day the Earth Stood Still

"Robots may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm." I Robot

"Robots have seen things you people wouldn't believe." Bladerunner

"Robots are Your Plastic Pal Who's Fun To Be With." Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

"Robots have shiny metal posteriors which should not be bitten." Futurama

"And they have a plan." Battlestar Galactica

And on the tab "Gort! Klaatu barada nikto!" The Day the Earth Stood Still (which is being remade with Keanu Reeves - originally scheduled for release in may it is now scheduled for December 12

Take a look at the screenshot:

Alroy intro AirGo.pdf

So ugly!

I use the swedish version, I dont think there is a difference between the different language versions..

Firefox 3:

Mine are a little lighter but i don't think they're ugly.

If you have downloaded the brand new Firefox version 3 you can find a little Battlestar Galactica easter egg. Check the above screenshot for example.

This is how you do:

Just type About:Robots into your address bar and hit enter. Enjoy! :)

"Welcome Humans!" is this from something I don't know?

"We have come to visit you in peace and with goodwill!" The Day the Earth Stood Still

"Robots may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm." I Robot

"Robots have seen things you people wouldn't believe." Bladerunner

"Robots are Your Plastic Pal Who's Fun To Be With." Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

"Robots have shiny metal posteriors which should not be bitten." Futurama

"And they have a plan." Battlestar Galactica

And on the tab "Gort! Klaatu barada nikto!" The Day the Earth Stood Still (which is being remade with Keanu Reeves - originally scheduled for release in may it is now scheduled for December 12

Loool

How did you found that?